News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How to beat the Cowboys

Started by umassgrad, December 18, 2023, 10:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umassgrad

The Bills recipe for success against the Boys very good defense:
1. Run the ball down their throats for over 200 yards on the ground.
2. Limit pass attempts which cuts down sacks and turnovers
3. Play good defense. Only 2.5 sacks and 1 int

Ed Vette

Quote from: umassgrad on December 18, 2023, 10:43:46 AMThe Bills recipe for success against the Boys very good defense:

=)) Which the Giants can't do. But they were exposed by a good game plan. Once again, Dallas fizzles at the end of the season. No way they beat the Niners.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

umassgrad

Watching that game made it even more apparent that we have to focus on fixing the OL and Barkley isn't critical in future running game success. You can get a James Cook like guy in the 2nd round.

Ed Vette

Quote from: umassgrad on December 18, 2023, 11:09:51 AMWatching that game made it even more apparent that we have to focus on fixing the OL and Barkley isn't critical in future running game success. You can get a James Cook like guy in the 2nd round.
It's a shame that Barkley's career is being wasted here. Now what? Tagging him and trading him is the only option. But will a team out there want to pay him eleven million?

Off topic, how are the kids? Haven't seen them since about 2007 at camp. My nieces are 24. Alexis just got married and Jenn is teaching in the Bronx and attending Columbia for her Masters.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

umassgrad

The kids are great, thanks for asking. I will always remember that great day with Harry Carson spending time with fellow Giants fans like yourselves.

Bob In PA

Guys, it all depends on the offensive line.

The Bills' offensive line is one of only THREE that hasn't had a starter miss a single game thus far this season.

The Giants' OL, even without their many injuries and missed games, basically stink. THAT is the difference.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: umassgrad on December 18, 2023, 10:43:46 AMThe Bills recipe for success against the Boys very good defense:

Look for a repeat next week when they face Miami with Mostert and Achane.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Painter

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2023, 11:15:40 AMJenn is teaching in the Bronx and attending Columbia for her Masters.

Can't let that pass without comment as it is so great to hear. I was born in the Bronx and am a Columbia grad - BS/MS Chem/Chem Eng, and only slightly later than Alexander Hamilton.

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Painter on December 18, 2023, 12:51:10 PMCan't let that pass without comment as it is so great to hear. I was born in the Bronx and am a Columbia grad - BS/MS Chem/Chem Eng, and only slightly later than Alexander Hamilton.

Cheers!

She graduated from Manhattan College and although she could have gotten a teaching job in suburban NJ, she opted to work with children with family challenges in a mixed-ethnic area. The school is near Fordham. Lives in Washington Heights, and travels to the Bronx and then to Columbia. I'm so pleased with her personal growth.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2023, 01:19:25 PMShe graduated from Manhattan College and although she could have gotten a teaching job in suburban NJ, she opted to work with children with family challenges in a mixed-ethnic area. The school is near Fordham. Lives in Washington Heights, and travels to the Bronx and then to Columbia. I'm so pleased with her personal growth.

Pleased and so proud of her, I am sure. I am myself quite impressed and inspired by your Alexis. And just to complete the circle of coincidence, I am a graduate of what was once Manhattan College Prep, right there at 242nd and Broadway. Good Luck and God Bless.

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Painter on December 18, 2023, 04:32:44 PMPleased and so proud of her, I am sure. I am myself quite impressed and inspired by your Alexis. And just to complete the circle of coincidence, I am a graduate of what was once Manhattan College Prep, right there at 242nd and Broadway. Good Luck and God Bless.

Cheers!

What a coincidence for sure. That would be Jenn. Alexis was the one who got married. She's doing her Grad remotely. Thank you.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 18, 2023, 11:41:37 AMGuys, it all depends on the offensive line.

The Bills' offensive line is one of only THREE that hasn't had a starter miss a single game thus far this season.

The Giants' OL, even without their many injuries and missed games, basically stink. THAT is the difference.

Bob
The bills had the same issue at Oline when schoen was there that we are currently dealing with. Beane had missed on prospects etc but a lot came down to coaching and health.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 18, 2023, 08:36:42 PMThe bills had the same issue at Oline when schoen was there that we are currently dealing with. Beane had missed on prospects etc but a lot came down to coaching and health.
J: I get what you're saying, and from my post you can see I agree about OL (five men, six if you count TE).

But there are so many variables comparing one team to another it's hard to tell if there is a relationship, IMO.

Coaches & management can't control injuries (generally) although they can avoid drafting/signing players who've previously missed a lot of time due to injury.  Unless someone falls on your legs from behind, it's tough to get injured playing OL (except for your back and non-serious stuff that should permit you to get out there even when you're hurting pretty bad and almost too sore to stand up).

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

BluesCruz

You need a real RB to pull that off

Ours is only good when he gets to the second level which is 2-3 times per game and usually in the 4th QTR
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"