News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do you want Mike Kafka fired at the end of this season?

Started by DaveBrown74, December 18, 2023, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to see Kafka fired after this seeason?

DaveBrown74

Do you want to see Mike Kafka fired at the end of this season and replaced with a new OC?

Giant Obsession

who is the person that APPROVES his offensive game plans and calls ??

Who is the person in power to make changes when he sees that things are not working ??

Who is the person with the power to make instantaneous changes when he sees NO adjustments are being made in the course of the game ??
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Giant Obsession

How many games this year did it appear that we were not prepared for.

Including yesterday....a game with potentially great ramifications for us against an opponent on basically the same level as us.

This was not the first time.

I fear we have the poster child for the Peter Principle "in charge".
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

Ed Vette

He's been brilliant and he's had his clunker moments in play calling. His responsibilities are much more than play calling. Ask me after the season is over.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

There's a lot more wrong with this offense than right. And he's in charge of it. I've seen and had enough of his stuff.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GeauxJints

I will tear my eyes out of my face if I see another rush attempt straight up the middle, or a 2 yard dump pass on 3rd and long.

I hate him. I hate Bobby Johnson. I don't hate Daboll yet but the fact he hasn't fired these ass clowns make me question if I should like him

sooners56

Not sure what you can expect the offensive coordinator to do with lackluster talent at QB, Oline, and WR. I wonder how the Eagles, Cowboys, or Dolphins o-Coordinator could do with the Giants personnel 🤷🏼�♂️ but I'd imagine not much better.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

T200

Quote from: sooners56 on December 18, 2023, 10:43:01 PMNot sure what you can expect the offensive coordinator to do with lackluster talent at QB, Oline, and WR. I wonder how the Eagles, Cowboys, or Dolphins o-Coordinator could do with the Giants personnel 🤷🏼�♂️ but I'd imagine not much better.
Yes, we do need more talent up front. I think the WR talent will become apparent once we have a QB that can go through his progressions, find open targets and hit them in stride, or throw them open.

But how much talent is needed on the offensive line to know how to handle a basic twist? Doesn't that fall on coaching? The OC's job isn't just to put together a game plan and call plays on game day. He is in charge of the entire offense. The entire unit has been historically bad since Week 1. The only uptick in performance is from the QB spot which went from F- to D-.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: T200 on December 18, 2023, 09:43:12 PMThere's a lot more wrong with this offense than right. And he's in charge of it. I've seen and had enough of his stuff.

If true, apparently the head coach has not.

So.......... ??????
Mike

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 19, 2023, 10:31:24 AMIf true, apparently the head coach has not.

So.......... ??????

So........ you're suggesting to get rid of another head coach after just two seasons? If so, I don't agree.

Schoen and Daboll need at least two seasons with THEIR QB. Now, some would argue that Schoen gave Jones a new contract so he is now his QB. I don't know for sure but I have a suspicion that Mara had some influence there.

Daboll may be in a sophomore slump but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him..

MightyGiants

I think the biggest issue is with the 0-line, and I don't think Kafka is responsible for bringing Bobby Johnson on board. 

With an offensive head coach, it's really hard to gauge what Kafka's exact role is. 

So I don't have a strong preference either way in terms of retaining him or letting him walk.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

Quote from: T200 on December 19, 2023, 10:36:23 AMSo........ you're suggesting to get rid of another head coach after just two seasons? If so, I don't agree.

Schoen and Daboll need at least two seasons with THEIR QB. Now, some would argue that Schoen gave Jones a new contract so he is now his QB. I don't know for sure but I have a suspicion that Mara had some influence there.

Daboll may be in a sophomore slump but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him..

I certainly am no fan of getting rid of HC after 2 years.....

BUT
1. I don't believe in sophomore slump.  If anything the reverse should occur.  Sophomore slump for performance athletes....okay to a point.  Not for a cerebral position  in my opinion.

2.  Sadly, we have NO idea the input our HC has with our OC.  But it should be significant beyond the X's and O's.  Top management (Daboll) shpuld have his stamp of approval all over the game plan of offense and defense.  And the ability to change course during a game when overall results are sadly deficient in on field results.

3. Four or five games this season we have looked totally unprepared to play and it showed glaringly on field.

4.  Special teams and Oline coaching. Daboll hired them.  Their performance is abysmal.  BUT it must be acceptable cuz I ain't seen no changes.

5. Using a placekicker with a bad leg....a BAD LEG for several games.  Insane.  And it cost us 1 or 2 wins.

Keeping a HC just to break the 2 year firing cycle is just as insane in my opinion. 

Nine losing seasons in the last 11 years with a couple of mirage seasons means back to the drawing board and especially the overall dismal performance in way too many games this season means back to the drawing board.
Mike

GeauxJints

You're an OC but you can't design plays to get your speedster WR into one on one coverage? If they have safety over the top, design a play to pull the safety away or something.

I see every other team has their top WRs getting 5+ targets every game. I know sometimes you need time from the oline for a play to develop, but comeon every single thing can't be on the oline.

Or can it.

Philosophers

Nothing creative.  Poor adjustments.  Inability to scheme away from pressure.

DaveBrown74

I have no interest in Daboll getting fired after his second year. He deservedly won the coach of the year last year as a rookie head coach, and he has been dealing with major injuries this year including having to gameplan backup and third string QBs. Obviously the team has major other deficiencies at other positions as well. I'm in no way saying he walks on water and doesn't deserve criticism this year on a number of fronts -- clearly he does -- but actually fire him? No way I would be on board with that.

Kafka I have less strong of a view on. I will support whatever Daboll decides to do there. I think it's very easy for armchair fans to call for coaches and coordinators to be fired the second they're not happy with what they see on the field, but I think the main issue with the offense is poor QB and O line play personally. I don't think you'd suddenly have a prolific offense with this roster if you took Kafka out and put the next wiz kid in.

Just my two cents.