News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who gets to fly first class

Started by MightyGiants, December 21, 2023, 09:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

The Athletic article is good for those that subscribe

https://theathletic.com/5139122/2023/12/20/nfl-travel-ny-giants-behind-scenes/

This part surprised me.

Quote"In Indy, all of the players sat in the back of the plane, which was kind of wicked," said Campbell, who signed with the Giants this offseason after four years with the Colts. "Everybody had their own row, but you still had to snug in. It was bad. When I first got here for our first away game, I was about to go to the back of the plane. Then they were like, 'No, no, no.' I was like, 'OK, say no more.' It's a nice perk, for sure."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

That kind of surprises me. I don't know squat about professional sports teams travel conditions, but I just assumed they  chartered a flight on a smaller plane that has all first class like accommodations.
Oh well, I guess that's incentive to keep making plays!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ozzie on December 21, 2023, 10:34:32 AMThat kind of surprises me. I don't know squat about professional sports teams travel conditions, but I just assumed they  chartered a flight on a smaller plane that has all first class like accommodations.
Oh well, I guess that's incentive to keep making plays!

That's what I thought too. I didn't think these guys flew commercial. I thought it was all chartered.

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm surprised the Giants don't have their own oversized plane with the entire interior made with first class seats, as well as a medical room. They certainly have the money. I have a hunch Jerruh provides a private airliner like that
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

@ozzie and @DaveBrown74

Quotechartered plane to fly the players, coaches and other employees to games. And then there's the 20,000 pounds of equipment packed in trunks and loaded onto the team plane.

Like on any flight, first-class seats are the most desirable. There's an expanded first-class section on the Boeing 767 plane the Giants typically use, so many players are afforded the extra comfortable seats for the flights. Head coach Brian Daboll and the three coordinators also get first-class seats.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 21, 2023, 10:40:37 AMI'm surprised the Giants don't have their own oversized plane with the entire interior made with first class seats, as well as a medical room. They certainly have the money. I have a hunch Jerruh provides a private airliner like that

What Type Of Private Jet Do The Patriots Fly?

The New England Patriots were the first NFL franchise to invest in their very own aircraft back in 2004. The idea was to give the team a competitive edge over the others during long-distance traveling, a move that would save precious time when playing away games in other cities. The plane, a customized Boeing 767-300, was worth approximately $7.8 million – a drop in the ocean for the six-time Super Bowl winners.

The Patriots aren't the only NFL franchise who have their own plane. The Dallas Cowboys followed suit in 2014 when they purchased a customized Boeing 767-200 from American Airlines. Originally referred to as 'Air Force Cowboys', the aircraft was once used to transport US troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, and was acquired for a cool $5.2 million. Appropriately enough, the plane is painted in the team's signature blue and grey livery.

Other NFL Teams that Have Made the Move to Purchase Their Own Private Jet

When it comes to NFL teams with their own planes, the list doesn't end there. The Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers all have their very own aircrafts, ranging from Boeing models to Gulfstreams.

https://flybitlux.com/nfl-private-jet/#:~:text=The%20Dallas%20Cowboys%20followed%20suit,for%20a%20cool%20%245.2%20million.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Cannot imagine OL and DL trying to fit in a coach seat.  I know they plane probably  isn't packed, but I doubt leg room is different.  Cannot imagine flying home in those seats after taking a beating in a game.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 21, 2023, 10:52:17 AMCannot imagine OL and DL trying to fit in a coach seat.  I know they plane probably  isn't packed, but I doubt leg room is different.  Cannot imagine flying home in those seats after taking a beating in a game.

Players not in first class are typically in the business section. There are two players per row with the middle seat left open.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

We are talking here about a team too cheap to build their own stadium  or one with with a retractable roof.

Own plane?  OWN PLANE?  Heavens to Mergatroid!

Ridicule Jerrah all you want but he knows how to go 1st class all the way

Used 747's are going cheap these days- Airlines dont want to pay the fuel bills
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 21, 2023, 11:33:42 AMWe are talking here about a team too cheap to build their own stadium  or one with with a retractable roof.

Own plane?  OWN PLANE?  Heavens to Mergatroid!

Ridicule Jerrah all you want but he knows how to go 1st class all the way

Used 747's are going cheap these days- Airlines dont want to pay the fuel bills

You don't have to own the plane to fly private. They can be chartered.