News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is it a good thing that Darius Slayton might once again by the receiving leader?

Started by MightyGiants, December 21, 2023, 12:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 22, 2023, 12:34:08 PMNot to throw fuel on the fire but analytically Slayton was a top 15 Wr last year. He was easily top 15 in every metric above replacement. So while the actual production isn't there, because our Qbs are absolutely horrible, our Wrs weren't the issue last year and likely aren't this year. Wandale, Hodgins, Slayton, and our other slot wr last year all ranked really well above replacement. It's why the Jones doesn't have weapons theory that floated around last season was so baffling, Jones has weapons, he just couldn't ever get it to them.

I remember @Ed Vette and I brought it up several times last year and he even provided the graphs/stats showing that our Wrs were doing really well and that they weren't the issue.

If we had an actual Qb Slayton easily goes for a 1,000 + and Hyatt is ROTY talks, while Wandale would have had a really nice comeback story.
I'm concerned for Hyatt. He may wind up burning some years here.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

At no point ever was Slayton a top 15 WR ever. Its just maddening how fans overrated their players. How did he dod against the Eagles? He didnt have a catch on one game against them until the 4th quarter. To p30 WRs in the league are difference makers. They are constantly open and making plays. Slayton does not do this even remotely consistently. He isnt physical. He doesnt have good hands. And rarely does he win 1 on 1 matchups.

People have to watch other teams in the league do consistently. People can blame Jones cause its the easy cop out for them to do. But your telling me Slayton is a top 15 compared to guys like what hte 49ers, cowboys, eagles, chargers (when healthy), dolpphins, begals, rams, etc...

Slayton would be pushing for a roster spot on some of these teams. Get rid of the fat and find BETTER PLAYERS!

TONKA56

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 22, 2023, 12:47:45 PMHe may want to move on from the Giants. They may come to an agreement. I don't know how that would work but he hinted.

It's always weird wherever Barkley is concerned.

Painter

My answer is, No. And as they have better options, I wouldn't expect him to be, and I dare say, neither would the Giants.

Cheers!

uconnjack8

If I were Slayton's agent,  I would talking a lot about the benefits of a year in KC or Buffalo even if at less pay than wanted.

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 25, 2023, 02:33:22 PMIf I were Slayton's agent,  I would talking a lot about the benefits of a year in KC or Buffalo even if at less pay than wanted.
I believe Atlanta wanted him this past season but he turned them down for the Giants. I don't think ATL would have been any better than the Giants but KC or DET would have.

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 25, 2023, 02:33:22 PMIf I were Slayton's agent,  I would talking a lot about the benefits of a year in KC or Buffalo even if at less pay than wanted.

Since Slayton is under contract next year are you suggesting his agent commit to tampering and try to facilitate a trade?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

uconnjack8

Quote from: TDToomer on December 26, 2023, 10:17:46 AMSince Slayton is under contract next year are you suggesting his agent commit to tampering and try to facilitate a trade?

No, just looking to his next FA.