News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 16

Started by DaveBrown74, December 23, 2023, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 24, 2023, 05:20:03 PMI hate to say this, but Trevor Lawrence has not lived up to the hype so far. I think he's pretty good but he has not shown any sign of being exceptional, which is absolutely what people thought he'd be.

I absolutely agree with you
The KING is in the building

sooners56

Mahomes and the Chiefs not looking so hot today. Pressure and lack of open receivers is making Mahomes look ordinary
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Ed Vette

That Raider Defense is looking scary. Mahomes tying to carry the team around him which is being dominated at the LOS and in the Secondary. Pierce has done a nice job Turning them around.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Fletch

Mahomes is overrated . I said it before and I'll say it again. Dude throws meatballs all game long. If threfs do not bail him out he will suck. The interception -- looked like a Daniel jones play. No idea why Jimmy G is sitting ona bench. Raiders QB looks like a practice squad QB. Although Jimmy G would have thrown a pick and lost the game, But he would have had more yards passing...

spiderblue43

Raiders have put together a ferocious D. Too late this season to do more damage probably..but they were outstanding today. Crosby is just possessed out there. 8))

Woody

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 23, 2023, 06:27:41 PMPickens lighting it up for the Steelers today. This guy is an absolute thoroughbred stud. Still amazes me we passed on him for Wan'Dale. I know Wan'Dale has some upside but there is absolutely no comparing these two players.
I have him on my fantasy team and believe me he is not a stud . Maybe with the right QB but game in game out he is not used very much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LennG

Anyone else notice that there were many empty seats in KC today.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

Ref just tackled Lamar in the end zone for a safety. Seen it all. :what:

Ref fell down covering the scramble..tripped him.  :laugh:

katkavage

Baltimore is such a solid organization. The model of what the Giants should strive to become.

T200

Lamar is solidifying his case for MVP. San Fran has no answer for him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

files58

Quote from: LennG on December 25, 2023, 08:02:06 PMAnyone else notice that there were many empty seats in KC today.

Christmas Day and the announcers talked about the wind. Two factors, and people just might have preferred to be with family/friends.

T200

Baltimore made a helluva statement tonight. Next week's game against Miami will all but decide the #1 seed in the AFC.

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 25, 2023, 11:34:13 PMBaltimore made a helluva statement tonight. Next week's game against Miami will all but decide the #1 seed in the AFC.
Defense wins Championships. That's going to be a heck of a game. They couldn't have planned it any better unless it was week 18.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 25, 2023, 11:42:01 PMDefense wins Championships. That's going to be a heck of a game. They couldn't have planned it any better unless it was week 18.

I agree. Very impressive performance tonight and a lesson for Purdy who tossed four INTs tonight.

This is the Super Bowl matchup I want to see as these teams are the best in the league this year.

Great football this past weekend.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 25, 2023, 11:42:01 PMDefense wins Championships. That's going to be a heck of a game. They couldn't have planned it any better unless it was week 18.
It's looking like Baltimore figured out how to play defense after losing Wink. Last year they had so many losses where the defense let them down. This year has been much different. And Lamar has been healthy.

Baltimore/Miami might be a preview of the AFC Championship game but if Cleveland gets in... Baltimore should be worried.