News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants can move to #2 overall....

Started by zephirus, December 31, 2023, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

What if...the Bears really want Williams.

We could offer our 2nd round pick along with a 5th for Fields and may still be in a position to snatch Maserati Marv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

zephirus

The Bears will really be in the driver seat given they're locked in at number 1.  Washington and New England are very clearly headed towards an offseason where the head coach, GM, or both are fired (for Belichick it's one and the same).  I imagine their new regimes will want their guy at QB and might pay a premium to move up.  If the Bears demands are too rich, they might simply stay pat and pick Marvin Harrison Jr first overall. 

We're only 115 days away from finding out....

DaveBrown74

I have a hard time seeing either of the Pats or Commanders passing on a QB. I just don't see it. I could see it with the Bears and even more likely with the Cards, but not those two. I'll be fairly shocked if either of them takes a different position.

spiderblue43

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 01, 2024, 01:14:59 PMWhat if...the Bears really want Williams.

We could offer our 2nd round pick along with a 5th for Fields and may still be in a position to snatch Maserati Marv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get the feeling (I listen to Bears talk) they like Fields a lot as a good teammate and playmaker. And they love Harrison Jr. Put him and Moore with Justin..and you finally have super talent in the pass game.

spiderblue43

Eagles fans are big babies. Crying over 11-5. They have had winning success constitently for years. So, I believe based on the temperature there, they won't tank  Siriani really gets no respect (typical Philly) and is under a lot of pressure. ~X(

Now you could also say this is a byproduct of winning-high expectations. Giants fans should have such issues.

Rosehill Jimmy

Can someone find a situation where a team playing as poorly as the Eagles down the stretch (1-4 in last 5) has had a successful playoff run?  If they lose to us, or win but don't play well, I can't see them feeling good about their chances. I believe the coaches are going to view this as the beginning of the post season and as such, prepare and play accordingly.

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 01, 2024, 04:08:25 PMCan someone find a situation where a team playing as poorly as the Eagles down the stretch (1-4 in last 5) has had a successful playoff run?  If they lose to us, or win but don't play well, I can't see them feeling good about their chances. I believe the coaches are going to view this as the beginning of the post season and as such, prepare and play accordingly.

I would agree with you, although the above is a direct quote from the head coach - not some random person speculating for clickbait.

Obviously, Sirianni might just be putting up smoke screens and has every intention of playing hard.

With that said I also think the Eagles owner and front office would be happy to hurt the Giants' chances of getting a top QB, so there is that to consider as well.

Rosehill Jimmy

I get it's a direct quote. I just don't believe him for a second that he would really rest guys
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

zephirus

There's absolutely no way the Eagles rest people unless it becomes a blow-out, or the score between Dallas/Washington is a clear blow-out at half time.  There's no quicker way to lose a locker room than to not play to win.  The Eagles want to win the division and host a playoff game.  Until that is clearly not in the cards, they're going to play their starters and gameplan to win.

spiderblue43

Quote from: zephirus on January 01, 2024, 04:42:35 PMThere's absolutely no way the Eagles rest people unless it becomes a blow-out, or the score between Dallas/Washington is a clear blow-out at half time.  There's no quicker way to lose a locker room than to not play to win.  The Eagles want to win the division and host a playoff game.  Until that is clearly not in the cards, they're going to play their starters and gameplan to win.

That's the right thing to do. With the Eagles.. and their city/fan base hatred of New York..we'll see.

LennG

If the Bears go QB, would Fields be expendable? What kind of value would he bring to the open market? If we are too low to draft a solid QB would Fields look good in Blue?, and at what price?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on January 01, 2024, 05:57:15 PMIf the Bears go QB, would Fields be expendable? What kind of value would he bring to the open market? If we are too low to draft a solid QB would Fields look good in Blue?, and at what price?

Good question.

I think there will be a healthy market for Fields. My guess is he will cost more than a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 2 and a 3 or a 2 and a 4? Hard to say for sure, and it totally depends on how much interest is out there, but if Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen commanded 2nd rounders, I would think Fields would get at least that.

Would I want him? Not if we're picking 4th and can get someone else that we like (in the draft). If we can't, I'd be willing to consider it, but I don't personally want him that badly. I think he's got some ability but he hasn't really shown any sign of elevating that franchise while he's been there. Granted, the last 4-5 games have gone well.

If one were to trade for Fields, since he'd be going into his fourth year you' need to decide right away on whether or not to exercise his 5th year option. Seems to me if you like him enough to trade for him, that would be a no-brainer. So you'd be locked into him for 2 years, the second of which wouldn't be nearly as cheap as the first.

Gun to my head: no for me.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 06:22:04 PMGood question.

I think there will be a healthy market for Fields. My guess is he will cost more than a 2nd rounder. Maybe a 2 and a 3 or a 2 and a 4? Hard to say for sure, and it totally depends on how much interest is out there, but if Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen commanded 2nd rounders, I would think Fields would get at least that.

Would I want him? Not if we're picking 4th and can get someone else that we like (in the draft). If we can't, I'd be willing to consider it, but I don't personally want him that badly. I think he's got some ability but he hasn't really shown any sign of elevating that franchise while he's been there. Granted, the last 4-5 games have gone well.

If one were to trade for Fields, since he'd be going into his fourth year you' need to decide right away on whether or not to exercise his 5th year option. Seems to me if you like him enough to trade for him, that would be a no-brainer. So you'd be locked into him for 2 years, the second of which wouldn't be nearly as cheap as the first.

Gun to my head: no for me.

The Falcons seem like a landing spot for Fields. Ridder has been benched twice and they aren't locked in any long or expensive contracts at QB. Whoever acquires Fields would absolutely pick up his 5th year option. You don't made a trade like that for 1 and done. But from the chatter among Bears fans they seem to think Fields stays and they take Harrison.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2024, 06:57:04 PMThe Falcons seem like a landing spot for Fields. Ridder has been benched twice and they aren't locked in any long or expensive contracts at QB. Whoever acquires Fields would absolutely pick up his 5th year option. You don't made a trade like that for 1 and done. But from the chatter among Bears fans they seem to think Fields stays and they take Harrison.

The Falcons are an interesting idea. I could see that.