News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Aaron Rodgers once again shows he is not a good man

Started by MightyGiants, January 03, 2024, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I hope Kimmell sues Rodgers for all he is worth.  That sort of unfounded accusation deserves severe consequences.   I am glad he is not our QB.

https://x.com/jimmykimmel/status/1742324477323833546?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

What a jackass.  Is there some feud with Kimmel? 

Gmo11

Grade A, card carrying, licensed piece of s**t

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 03, 2024, 11:17:07 AMWhat a jackass.  Is there some feud with Kimmel? 

From what I understand, the source of the friction goes back to COVID, vaxxing. He called out Rodgers for misleading people with his "I'm immunized" comment and things between the two deteriorated from there
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 03, 2024, 11:17:07 AMWhat a jackass.  Is there some feud with Kimmel? 

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 03, 2024, 11:51:19 AMFrom what I understand, the source of the friction goes back to COVID, vaxxing. He called out Rodgers for misleading people with his "I'm immunized" comment and things between the two deteriorated from there

Friction or feud doesn't excuse what Rodgers did, in my opinion.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Making up false accusations of a person being associated with, and (by inference) possibly participating in salacious and downright illegal activity with, a confirmed pedophile sexual predator is pretty bad. Having some sort of past friction about the vax stuff is not remotely a justification for that.

uconnjack8

I agree its not justified.   Was just wondering why Jimmy Kimmel was even on his mind.  I didn't see any connection.   

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 03, 2024, 12:01:13 PMI agree its not justified.   Was just wondering why Jimmy Kimmel was even on his mind.  I didn't see any connection.   

Yeah I have no idea either.

It seems pretty dumb of Rodgers to make something up like that 100% out of thin air.

londonblue

Rodgers is the football poster child for the Conspiracy Nut right wing fringe. Pretty much nobody in that fringe is a decent human but even in the bad company he keeps he stands out as particularly hideous. He's still a great player but he is also a divisive personality that the Jets are welcome too 'enjoy'.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on January 03, 2024, 02:15:22 PMhttps://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pat-mcafee-apologizes-aaron-rodgers-182757306.html

That is the weakest of apologies

Quote"I can see exactly why Jimmy Kimmel felt the way he felt, especially with his position. But I think Aaron was just trying to talk sh*t. But did it go too far? Jimmy Kimmel certainly said that was the case," McAfee said. "We obviously don't like the fact that we're associated with anything negative ever. We like our show to be an uplifting one, a happy one, a fun one. But it's because we talk sh*t and try to make light of everything. Some things obviously people get very pissed off about, especially when they're that serious allegations, so we apologize for being a part of it."

McAfee added, "Can't wait to hear what Aaron has to say about it. Hopefully those two will just be able to settle this. Not court-wise, but be able to chitchat, move along."

There is "talking sh*t," and then there is accusing a man of being a pedophile.  I had to go back and review McAfee's role in what was said.  McAfee had every opportunity to call out Rodger's bad behavior, but instead, he went along with it.

I hope Kimmel settles things with McAfee, as well, in court.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I'm not a Pat McAfee fan. This isn't the first time he's had Rodgers on and, IMHO, they are both likeminded individuals. I feel like McAfee endorses what Rodgers says just by having him on the show and giving him airtime. McAfee's "apology", again, IMO, is just to cover his ass with ESPN/Disney.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Painter

Quote from: T200 on January 03, 2024, 02:32:42 PMI'm not a Pat McAfee fan. This isn't the first time he's had Rodgers on and, IMHO, they are both likeminded individuals. I feel like McAfee endorses what Rodgers says just by having him on the show and giving him airtime. McAfee's "apology", again, IMO, is just to cover his ass with ESPN/Disney.

I agree with you, Tim and with Rich. My thoughts exactly.

Cheers!

spiderblue43

It seems out of left field..or outer space from Rodgers. He cant help himself but be noticed. But as General Manager of the Jets, it fits like a glove. .just like his dark room therapy or hallucinogenic or immunization ok or phony comeback or 90 percent retired claim. Get the picture?

:crazy:

Fletch

F Jimmy Kimmel . Who really cares . Rodgers is probably right. And even if he isn't it is still funny and I like Rodgers more. What do I get from Kimmy Kimmel ?

Kinda weird that all the hate comes from his vax status. Like holy. We really have a busy body problem.