News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Aaron Rodgers once again shows he is not a good man

Started by MightyGiants, January 03, 2024, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 03:43:12 PMF Jimmy Kimmel . Who really cares . Rodgers is probably right. And even if he isn't it is still funny and I like Rodgers more. What do I get from Kimmy Kimmel ?

Kinda weird that all the hate comes from his vax status. Like holy. We really have a busy body problem. 

It's funny to falsely associate someone with a pedophile and claim they'll be named as an associate of a pedophile? And being a liar and basically terrible person makes you like someone more? Says a lot.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: T200 on January 03, 2024, 02:32:42 PMI'm not a Pat McAfee fan. This isn't the first time he's had Rodgers on and, IMHO, they are both likeminded individuals. I feel like McAfee endorses what Rodgers says just by having him on the show and giving him airtime. McAfee's "apology", again, IMO, is just to cover his ass with ESPN/Disney.

And yes, McAfee is a dunce. The Joe Rogan of the sports world. Ill-informed, speculative, shock-jock persona who isn't remotely talented enough to garner the platform he has. Caters to the lowest common denominator.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Stringer Bell on January 03, 2024, 03:53:34 PMAnd yes, McAfee is a dunce. The Joe Rogan of the sports world. Ill-informed, speculative, shock-jock persona who isn't remotely talented enough to garner the platform he has. Caters to the lowest common denominator.

Wasn't McAfee an Ivy Leaguer? How the mighty have fallen recently.

Philosophers

I remember reading about Rodgers that he used to demand his backup QB go out with him socially when he was at Green Bay and that he would do things and insist that the back up also do them even when he refused.  He also has completely shut his family out and not spoken to them in years.  Apparently, they have no idea why and in interviews with them, they sound like a really great group of people.

T200

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 03:43:12 PMF Jimmy Kimmel . Who really cares . Rodgers is probably right. And even if he isn't it is still funny and I like Rodgers more. What do I get from Kimmy Kimmel ?

Kinda weird that all the hate comes from his vax status. Like holy. We really have a busy body problem. 
Kinda weird you truly missed the mark. Take the jab or don't. Who the f*ck cares??? His body, his rules. But when he flat out LIES and says he did, giving people he comes in close proximity to the false sense of security that they are safe around him when they really aren't, that's what makes him a first-class XXXXXXX. Like him all you want... get your facts straight about why he gets the hate he does. Don't twist and misrepresent people's words and then try and minimize it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Fletch

Quote from: T200 on January 03, 2024, 04:00:55 PMKinda weird you truly missed the mark. Take the jab or don't. Who the f*ck cares??? His body, his rules. But when he flat out LIES and says he did, giving people he comes in close proximity to the false sense of security that they are safe around him when they really aren't, that's what makes him a first-class XXXXXXX. Like him all you want... get your facts straight about why he gets the hate he does. Don't twist and misrepresent people's words and then try and minimize it.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. I find it more offensive that some left-wing bigot gets on TV and basically treats political adversaries like they are not even human beings then someone who said they got "immunized" or whatever that means. The millions that follow Kimmel into the gutter with his intolerant and "if-it-feels-good-do-it mentality to me are far more dangerous that a football player playing a dangerous game which is far more deadly than a 25 year old athlete at risk of basically nothing but flu like symptoms. He probably thought it was "OK" since he didn't believe the vaccines were effective given the examples, he gave of people getting covid despite getting the jab. It is easy now to say that ; he would have gotten a lot of heat and grief for being anti-vax during the time.

T200

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 04:10:59 PMI guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. I find it more offensive that some left-wing bigot gets on TV and basically treats political adversaries like they are not even human beings then someone who said they got "immunized" or whatever that means. He probably thought it was "OK" since he didn't believe the vaccines were effective given the examples, he gave of people getting covid despite getting the jab. It is easy now to say that ; he would have gotten a lot of heat and grief for being anti-vax during the time.
First, this isn't a political thread so please leave politics out of it.

Second, I don't care to speculate about what he was thinking. I know what he said and did. He's a big boy. If he didn't believe in them, then he should have manned up and said just that. There were plenty of people that didn't get it and it's their prerogative. It's not about the shot. It's about LYING about the shot and putting other people at risk.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Fletch

Quote from: T200 on January 03, 2024, 04:16:19 PMFirst, this isn't a political thread so please leave politics out of it.

Second, I don't care to speculate about what he was thinking. I know what he said and did. He's a big boy. If he didn't believe in them, then he should have manned up and said just that. There were plenty of people that didn't get it and it's their prerogative. It's not about the shot. It's about LYING about the shot and putting other people at risk.

Yea I guess that was pretty shitty of him. Not sure what real risk Rodgers could be accused of however. I think it fair to say most professional athletes with an average age of 26 already playing a dangerous, violent  sport re a pretty low risk of anything covid related. But I guess with misguided people need some kind of moral outlet no matter how misguided.

And I do not believe for one second this guy's haters isn't generated from some kind of political motive.

Gmo11

Quote from: T200 on January 03, 2024, 04:16:19 PMFirst, this isn't a political thread so please leave politics out of it.

To your point...Kirk Cousins didn't get it. Said he wasn't getting it and why. And nobody hates him. Rodgers is a dirtbag and receives the hate that he does purely of his own doing.

Fletch

Don't you think you're going a little overboard w the Rodgers hate? Yea I guess it was cowardice of him not man up and say how he feels about it. Maybe ii am more forgiving.

It's probably a combination of his "different " personality with everything else.

Kinda hard to believe all the Packers games on prime time were based on me alone however.

Further kinda weird how giants in retirement did far more scum bag things including actual criminal behavior but , I keep reading about Rodgers all the time

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 05:27:09 PMDon't you think you're going a little overboard w the Rodgers hate? Yea I guess it was cowardice of him not man up and say how he feels about it. Maybe ii am more forgiving.

It's probably a combination of his "different " personality with everything else.

Kinda hard to believe all the Packers games on prime time were based on me alone however.

Further kinda weird how giants in retirement did far more scum bag things including actual criminal behavior but , I keep reading about Rodgers all the time

Rodgers is a lightning rod, and he is a lightning rod on purpose. He is outspoken, and he brings a lot of controversy on himself. He also is deliberately provocative at times. For example, he called Travis Kelce "Mr. Pfizer" in what was clearly a derisive way, even though Kelce never said anything provocative directed at Rodgers. Obviously it's a free country and he is free to say things like Mr. Pfizer, although attempting to defame Jimmy Kimmel with false allegations is objectively wrong, period, and defamatory statements like that can have consequences.

How would you feel if someone falsely accused you of associating with a known serial rapist of children? How would you react?

Stringer Bell

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 03, 2024, 03:59:14 PMWasn't McAfee an Ivy Leaguer? How the mighty have fallen recently.

No, McAfee went to West Virginia. Maybe the Ivy League of Appalachia  ;)

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 04:22:24 PMAnd I do not believe for one second this guy's haters isn't generated from some kind of political motive.

No, that can't be because we don't do politics here.   /sarcasm/
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

Quote from: Fletch on January 03, 2024, 05:27:09 PMDon't you think you're going a little overboard w the Rodgers hate? Yea I guess it was cowardice of him not man up and say how he feels about it. Maybe ii am more forgiving.

I might be a bit more cautious in throwing around a term like "hate" lest it be judged little more than the shallow reflex it so often seems to have become.

In any case, to view Aaron Rodgers as arrogant and perhaps attention-needy with a thin-skinned accompany is, as anyone's bias might suggest, neither thoughtless nor of any real consequence.

Cheers!

uconnjack8

What is it about Kimmel that makes you dislike him enough to say he is probably in Epstein's flight logs?