News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Aaron Rodgers once again shows he is not a good man

Started by MightyGiants, January 03, 2024, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: TDToomer on January 04, 2024, 09:23:01 AMHere are some facts. Comedians make fun of people. That is their job. This call out is like some members of Congress recently demanded SNL apologize for a skit where they actually made more fun of the so called "liberal elite" College Presidents than Stefanik.

There it is, a political insertion. This is the root cause of everything. This is why this country is so divided

Fletch

What is the argument? I already said it was a cowardly thing to do to say "I am immunized".

But can we cut all the moral BS out of this? Just admit you do not like Rodgers and be done with it.

Let's talk about Derrick Ward robbing gas stations. Let's talk about LT not making jokes about pedophilia but, actually smoking cocaine and having sex with under age women.

But they're one of the "good guys" ?? That is the moral equivalency? The dude made a joke.

And @ TD Toomer. you know what assuming does right

TDToomer

Quote from: Fletch on January 04, 2024, 09:26:18 AMWhat is the argument? I already said it was a cowardly thing to do to say "I am immunized".

But can we cut all the moral BS out of this? Just admit you do not like Rodgers and be done with it.

Let's talk about Derrick Ward robbing gas stations. Let's talk about LT not making jokes about pedophilia but, actually smoking cocaine and having sex with under age women.

But they're one of the "good guys" ?? That is the moral equivalency? The dude made a joke.

And @ TD Toomer. you know what assuming does right

No why don't you tell me?

Why would we discuss what happened to LT over a decade ago today?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on January 04, 2024, 09:18:35 AMIm going to play Devils Advocate:

Here are some facts;

Rodgers is an azz, makes douchebag comments, said something about Kimmel he probably shouldnt have , and lied about his Vaccination status ... which imo really shouldnt be anybodies business

Kimmel makes Douchebag comments constantly, hes more political now so he tries to be "safe" with it now, old school Kimmel makes Rodgers seem minor league, Kimmel did a blackface skit and has borderline sexually harrassed women

This whole thread 100% defending one person because of his political beliefs not his actual character... that is facts

Here's what I see as the flaw in your point, at least from my perspective.  I don't believe right and wrong are judged by what you say and do, and are independent of others.  Just because you don't like someone else doesn't mean you are free to discard right and wrong in your treatment of that person.

As for the vaccination status, I think you should drill down a bit on that issue.  One's choice to vaccinate or not has a great impact, both on those you were around as well as on society as a whole.  When Covid variants were still carrying a significant risk of serious illness or death, being in contact with others posed a risk to both parties.  Employers and people have a right to make informed choices and have the right to mitigate risk for critical tasks like working or shopping.  So, knowing the vaccination status of others was important information in terms of risk assessment and mitigation.

Still, that is not even the biggest issue.  The bigger issue was social cost.  When someone opts to skip the vaccine, and ends up for months in the hospital on a ventilator, dying, or being disabled for long periods of time, those incidents needlessly cost our country/society thousands to millions of dollars (compared to simply taking a few sick days if you were vaccinated).  Who do you think is paying for all those hospital stays and disability payments and the like?

So choosing to vaccinate is more akin to seatbelt laws or helmet laws (societal costs vs freedom) rather than say, what color underwear you are choosing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 04, 2024, 09:30:44 AMHere's what I see as the flaw in your point, at least from my perspective.  I don't believe right and wrong are judged by what you say and do, and are independent of others.  Just because you don't like someone else doesn't mean you are free to discard right and wrong in your treatment of that person.

As for the vaccination status, I think you should drill down a bit on that issue.  One's choice to vaccinate or not has a great impact, both on those you were around as well as on society as a whole.  When Covid variants were still carrying a significant risk of serious illness or death, being in contact with others posed a risk to both parties.  Employers and people have a right to make informed choices and have the right to mitigate risk for critical tasks like working or shopping.  So, knowing the vaccination status of others was important information in terms of risk assessment and mitigation.

Still, that is not even the biggest issue.  The bigger issue was social cost.  When someone opts to skip the vaccine, and ends up for months in the hospital on a ventilator, dying, or being disabled for long periods of time, those incidents needlessly cost our country/society thousands to millions of dollars (compared to simply taking a few sick days if you were vaccinated).  Who do you think is paying for all those hospital stays and disability payments and the like?

So choosing to vaccinate is more akin to seatbelt laws or helmet laws (societal costs vs freedom) rather than say, what color underwear you are choosing.

Covid vaccine is nothing like a seatbelt law.... all those vaccines that ourkids get when they are born which 99.99% prevent them from getting what the vaccine is for is more closer to a seatbelt law ..,why ? Because it actually does something ... took years to create and actually is proven

I had Covid for the 4th time last month ... ALL after i got the vaccines .... And my civilian job i interact with people way more then my military job and I didnt get it... during the pandemic .

I dont blame anybody for not wanting to get the vaccine or give their kids a vaccine that is complete bs

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on January 04, 2024, 09:39:22 AMCovid vaccine is nothing like a seatbelt law.... all those vaccines that ourkids get when they are born which 99.99% prevent them from getting what the vaccine is for is more closer to a seatbelt law ..,why ? Because it actually does something ... took years to create and actually is proven

I had Covid for the 4th time last month ... ALL after i got the vaccines .... And my civilian job i interact with people way more then my military job and I didnt get it... during the pandemic .

I dont blame anybody for not wanting to get the vaccine or give their kids a vaccine that is complete bs

I think the important issue here is fully appreciating the purpose of a vaccine.

A vaccine is designed to reduce the severity of a given illness.  If it can prevent one from being infected, that is considered a great bonus.

The COVID-19 vaccine provided limited protection in terms of prevention, but it provided very strong protection against serious illness and/or death.

Not this Christmas, but the prior Christmas, I contracted Covid for the first time.  Because I had had all the vaccinations, the only reason I even knew I had Covid was because I tested for it.  Otherwise, I would have dismissed it as a minor cold that was shaken off pretty easily.  So because I was vaccinated, the only cost to society was my employer having to pay me 5 sick days until I was allowed to return (frankly, I was even doing some work from home because I was hardly hindered).  There were no doctor visits, expensive prescriptions or treatments, or hospitalizations.

That is the point of the vaccine.  I mean, we would have all loved it if the vaccine prevented people from being infected.  Hell, if that had happened, if we could have convinced enough people to get vaccinated, we would have had strong herd immunity, and Covid would likely have been eradicated. 

That didn't happen, but that is hardly uncommon when it comes to vaccinations.  Look at the flu vaccine, it performs in a very similar manner to the Covid vaccine. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE