News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who Do You Love?

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, January 03, 2024, 12:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

With apologies to Bo Diddley and George Thorogood, who are you drafting if Harrison, Williams, Maye and Daniels are gone by pick 5?

Trade back is not an option. 
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

I have a lot more work to do on assessing this draft, but my answer to that right now is Nabers. I think he has what it takes to separate at a very high (if not elite) level in the NFL.

ozzie

The best OL prospect - without a doubt!!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

londonblue

Today probably Brock Bowers over Nabers as Bowers will improve both our pass and run game, even though taking a TE that high would probably make me want to trade back a touch if possible.

Alt and Fashanu would have to get real consideration but I think we will invest in a veteran RT and G in our continuing efforts to solidify our OL then draft another G day 2 or 3.

If we do bypass R1 Ts there are possible R3/4 developmental tackles like Paul from Houston and Amegadjie from Yale who might well get a hard look.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Jolly Blue Giant

When I think of a first round pick, I think it's a big investment so it should go on a position that is difficult to fulfill, as well as a premium position. My first choice isn't an option (according to your rules) or I'd say "trade down" in a heartbeat...just not too far down. So my options would be:

WR1 Nabers
EDGE Latu or Turner
OT Fashanu, Alt, Latham, or Fuaga

For me, I'd probably go with Nabers and have the WR1 we haven't had since OBJ, but I'd be hard-pressed to turn down Latu or Latham
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: londonblue on January 03, 2024, 12:48:56 PMToday probably Brock Bowers over Nabers as Bowers will improve both our pass and run game, even though taking a TE that high would probably make me want to trade back a touch if possible.

Alt and Fashanu would have to get real consideration but I think we will invest in a veteran RT and G in our continuing efforts to solidify our OL then draft another G day 2 or 3.

If we do bypass R1 Ts there are possible R3/4 developmental tackles like Paul from Houston and Amegadjie from Yale who might well get a hard look.

I think you reach a point where you ask yourself if investing premium draft capital yet again in the T position is wise.  As much as I believe you're only as good as the front 5 (and ours ain't good) I've also come around to the idea that good lines don't all have to be top end picks.  Developing day 2/3 picks can and has worked. Just need the right people in the role of developer and that has been an elusive search far too long
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

BluesCruz

Ill take JJ McCarthy

Thank You Very Much
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Philosophers

Under your scenario, I would say Joe Alt first and Brock Bowers second.  The league is filled with successful WRs who get picked beyond round 1 plus this WR class is loaded so we can get a good one in round 2 or 3.  OT success tends to correlate high with 1st rounders plus I think OT is much less deep this year.  I have also liked the success rate of ND linemen.

Stringer Bell

Laiatu Latu. KT took a big step forward this year, but he can't do it alone. We need a bookend rusher on the other side who can provide pressure and reduce double teams on KT.

We need our defense to be elite to make up for our offensive deficiencies, which will only grow next year with the expected loss of Barkley.

squibber

I like the sound of Malik "Won't You Be My" Nabers.

Philosophers

Also I think someone like Brian Thomas from LSU may be available in round 2 and he may be even better than Nabers.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 03, 2024, 02:19:00 PMI think you reach a point where you ask yourself if investing premium draft capital yet again in the T position is wise.  As much as I believe you're only as good as the front 5 (and ours ain't good) I've also come around to the idea that good lines don't all have to be top end picks.  Developing day 2/3 picks can and has worked. Just need the right people in the role of developer and that has been an elusive search far too long

Picking they another O-line guy in the first round would be the very definition of insanity - doing what you've always done but expecting a different outcome.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Doc16LT56

Nabers or OL.

I'm still hoping the Giants end up picking 3rd or 4th so Daniels is in play.