News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At least the Giants have finally found a good ST player

Started by MightyGiants, January 03, 2024, 12:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

I am still stunned that anyone on this team can return a punt longer than 15 yards let alone 93.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

Polish Power, baby!

He's been a good addition to the special teams. He now holds the Giants' record for the longest punt return in team history.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TDToomer

Quote from: kartanoman on January 03, 2024, 08:59:01 PMPolish Power, baby!

He's been a good addition to the special teams. He now holds the Giants' record for the longest punt return in team history.

Peace!

No way! Was the prior record Meggett?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

Quote from: TDToomer on January 04, 2024, 08:53:01 AMNo way! Was the prior record Meggett?

Actually, Amani Toomer, in his Giants' debut in 1996 against the Bills, ripped off an 87-yard punt return TD which had been the longest in team history until Olszewski's return on Sunday.

Here is Toomer's for frame of reference:

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Come on, you couldn't have asked for a better name for ST player of the week, Gunner.   <:-P  <:-P  <:-P
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kartanoman

Quote from: LennG on January 04, 2024, 12:56:50 PMCome on, you couldn't have asked for a better name for ST player of the week, Gunner.   <:-P  <:-P  <:-P

That's right, Lenn! The only thing that could top that is to have your Polish BBH placekicker/punter Emeritus (i.e. me) kick the extra point for a Polish tag-team scoring extravaganza! The NFL had to squish my letters to fit on the back of my jersey, though! And you thought Oleszewski was a mouthful!

Peace!

BluesCruz

Love Gunner

Knockwood he seems to have no issues with ball security or decision making

How did we get so lucky?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"