News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interesting comment by Jordon Raanan

Started by MightyGiants, January 04, 2024, 03:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 07, 2024, 08:18:26 AMThat precisely defines this year's Eagles team, so to say it's the offense's fault the defense is so bad is not an automatically valid excuse to me.
I'm not saying it's that the offense is solely at fault, I'm saying that it's all about complimentary football and that offense' ineptitude contributes to the poor statistics of the defense.

If we were the'86 Giants or '85 Bears the offense ineptitude would not impact the game the way it does today.

Let's face it, the NFL leans its favor heavily into offensive football. Our offense is offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Doc16LT56

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 07, 2024, 10:17:28 AMI'm not saying it's that the offense is solely at fault, I'm saying that it's all about complimentary football and that offense' ineptitude contributes to the poor statistics of the defense.

If we were the'86 Giants or '85 Bears the offense ineptitude would not impact the game the way it does today.

Let's face it, the NFL leans its favor heavily into offensive football. Our offense is offensive.

So how do you explain how the Panthers, Jets and Patriots are as bad as the Giants on offense, but all three are in the top-6 defenses?

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 07, 2024, 10:27:05 AMSo how do you explain how the Panthers, Jets and Patriots are as bad as the Giants on offense, but all three are in the top-6 defenses?
Because those teams have a better defense than the Giants.

I'm not saying this defense is supposed to be great or that they are really good except for the offense.

I'm simply saying that the defense isn't THAT far off of being good.

Apologies if I'm not making my point clear.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Doc16LT56

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 07, 2024, 10:30:21 AMBecause those teams have a better defense than the Giants.

I'm not saying this defense is supposed to be great or that they are really good except for the offense.

I'm simply saying that the defense isn't THAT far off of being good.

Apologies if I'm not making my point clear.

Ok, that makes sense. I agree that the defense is not good and needs work, but the offense is in much worse shape.

andrew_nyGiants

We have a HC who is "allegedly" an offensive mind and a QB whisperer. (Not saying that he's not, just not this year).

I think we can all agree that we all anticipated that the offense would take the next step (particularly in the passing game and solidifying the offensive line). We have been suffering through stagnant offenses for years and 2022 gave us all a glimmer of hope for this season.

The defense and special teams were supposed to complement a high powered offense.

None of this materialized, but I think it's fair to say that the biggest disappointment has been the offense because that is the way the expectations were set.