News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

One stays....One goes

Started by Giant Obsession, January 05, 2024, 02:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple question requiring no need for deep thinking, no but or if or whatever or explanation.  Gut response....WHO would you rather see stay...WINK or DABS

Dabs goes
4 (7.7%)
Wink goes
6 (11.5%)
BOTH stay
38 (73.1%)
BOTH go
4 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: January 12, 2024, 02:30:36 PM

Giant Obsession

In other word WHO would you rather see on our coaching staff next season ??
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

I would rather see Daboll stay.

MightyGiants

At this point, if you asked me who I wanted to stay with and who I wanted to go with, I would say I wanted Wink to stay and Daboll to go (if I had my druthers. I would keep both).

The defense performed well, especially considering how little help they got from the offense.  The players acquired were done so with the idea of fitting into Wink's rather unique system.

On the offensive side of the ball, the team has played very poorly, and Dabs is an offensive coach at heart.  So, how would the team be hurt by Daboll's departure?

The other issue I have is there is talk of replacing all 3 coordinators.    I can understand a head coach missing on one coordinator hire, but missing on all three is not a good look.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I agree, I would like them both to stay and while I agree that the players on the defensive side of the ball were brought in for Wink's system, another Head Coaching change just cannot happen after only 2 years.
I don't think there is any real chance Daboll gets his walking papers though and I think Wink will be safe too. Unless he chooses to look for other opportunities on his own.
Now Kafka on the other hand.....
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 05, 2024, 02:39:40 PMAt this point, if you asked me who I wanted to stay with and who I wanted to go with, I would say I wanted Wink to stay and Daboll to go (if I had my druthers. I would keep both).

The defense performed well, especially considering how little help they got from the offense.  The players acquired were done so with the idea of fitting into Wink's rather unique system.

On the offensive side of the ball, the team has played very poorly, and Dabs is an offensive coach at heart.  So, how would the team be hurt by Daboll's departure?

The other issue I have is there is talk of replacing all 3 coordinators.    I can understand a head coach missing on one coordinator hire, but missing on all three is not a good look.

Im with you Rich, I'd give the team to Wink as HC/DC and let him go out and find a great OC

You need toughness in the NFL
The D is tough
The O is NOT
Overall the team is NOT

Under Wink the the Giants would evolve into the old Ravens part 2.  The team that beat us in 2000
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

madbadger

I wish both would kiss and make up. I don't know if you can call our defense a bright spot in a five win season but they're clearly better than the offense, and he is immensely popular with the players on defense c

Doc16LT56

They can both stay... or not. I just wouldn't get rid of either one to make sure I could keep the other. Neither of these men has particularly distinguished himself. We need a higher bar when evaluating coaches. We can give them more time, sure, but let's not kid ourselves on what's actually happening on the field.

Painter

Fickle and rash as aways and ever thus.  <:-P

Cheers! ::)

Doc16LT56

The "fickle and rash"  comments have gotten old after a decade of futility.  :surrender:

SUPERSEE

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 05, 2024, 02:30:36 PMIn other word WHO would you rather see on our coaching staff next season ??
please keep Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painter

From Coach of the Year to Roach of the Year, is that it? If that ain't rash, my name isn't 10-23 Joe Judge, or 9-23 Pat Shurmur. Of course, it isn't, but you kinda have to wonder who then would get to coach them out from under the Gettleman legacy of costly and dumb? Who knows, Little Bill, 3 time COTY and 2022 first ever PFWA Executive of the Year, sometimes thought of as a GOAT, might be interested. But then as he likes to make all the decisions, it might mean a Schoen/ Daboll packaged out.

Naw! forget it, let's just concentrate on Daboll and let his coaches go their merry ways. Afterall, how good could any of them be, right?

Cheers!