News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do you want the Giants to win tomorrow?

Started by DaveBrown74, January 06, 2024, 07:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want the Giants to beat the Eagles on Sunday?

DaveBrown74

Do you want the Giants to beat the Eagles on Sunday?

katkavage

No. Like last week's game, I would love to see a competitive, exciting game, but with the Giants losing in the end. In the weird world of professional sports, sometimes a loss has more meaning than a win. That is most definitely the case in tomorrow's game. A win does nothing to over shadow the year that was. It will not be a spring board to next year. Meaningless games at the end of the year never are. And a win will move the Giants back in the draft board where they will either have to give up significant picks to get their QB or not take one at all. The latter is the worse case scenario considering they do not have anyone close to a top tier QB on their current roster. They will flounder again next year searching for their QB of the future and most likely there will be a coaching change and maybe even a GM change and on and on it will go. Of course these are all predictions. I could be totally wrong about the Giant's future. In any case, a win tomorrow, though nice to beat the hated Eagles (who I will not root for), will hurt them in the long term rather than help them.

Ed Vette

I'm sure Daboll does. So does Wink and Kafka. Let's see if there are any Business Decisions.

I want them to lose but I root to win. Sick.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 06, 2024, 08:28:58 AMI'm sure Daboll does. So does Wink and Kafka. Let's see if there are any Business Decisions.

I feel as you do, Ed; it's an interesting dichotomy...and very annoying.

JT39

Of course you don't. What does winning do other than give you a worse draft spot? We can't even screw the eagles by beating them.

T200

I'd be happy with a win because it's the Eagles but would be more satisfied with a competitive game where we come up short of a victory.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

If this game meant something to the Eagles, damn the draft pick I would love to screw them with a win, but this game means absolutely nothing to them, and losing means a lot to us. As much as I hate to lose to them, I hope we are competitive and still lose.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

AYM

I'm almost certain we will win because I believe the Eagles (or at least Sirianni) are actually petty enough to want to move the Giants down in the draft order. Plus they'll want to rest for the playoffs.

BluesCruz

Unfortunately Tyrod has had a tough time in game ending situations

I always want to win but have fallen in love with this kid Penix.
Unlike Barkley he truly is a "Generational Talent". He has the savvy of DeVito but has a cannon arm.  The ball was often a blur to me

If we can get him and still win I'm onboard

Like Phil Simms Ive never seen a QB like him.  Hopefully he falls to us and Mara is ok with the pick.   

If Crosby is still kicking for us a loss is quite possible- well in a close game inevitable.  I would bring in a High School kid to replace that guy.
Maybe thats Schoens way of assuring a good draft pick
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

spiderblue43

Why? The Eagles botched the division
and could care less..really..about losing.

No grand..get back to playing well..

Uni

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 06, 2024, 08:28:58 AMI'm sure Daboll does. So does Wink and Kafka. Let's see if there are any Business Decisions.

Twins!