News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Qbs in the draft.

Started by spiderblue43, January 06, 2024, 03:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Most qbs drated high are busts..we know..stats don't lie. But maybe some of it wrong talent..wrong fit.

Asking our faithful here: Who is your guy if the Giants lose to the Eagles..get a 3rd .4th pick in the first round.?

Doc16LT56

For me the best QBs for the Giants are in this order.
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Jayden Daniels

Anyone else will be at least mildly disappointing.

Philosophers

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 06, 2024, 04:10:23 PMFor me the best QBs for the Giants are in this order.
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Jayden Daniels

Anyone else will be at least mildly disappointing.

Too early to tell on intangibles. 

spiderblue43

I was floored by Simms saying Pennix is the best thrower of the football. Not Elway in college? Marino? Holy Frank Barone Crap I have not seen enough of him.

Painter

Although you don't say what you mean by drafted high, your suggestion that MOST who are have become misses (busts if you insists) is mostly accurate as the stats which you assert don't lie, would attest. For example, during the past 15 Drafts - not counting the latest in which Young, Stroud, and Richardson were taken 1, 2,and 4, the number of what can be called, Franchise, or Championship-caliber talent/production QBs are just 12 of a total of 45 or about 27 percent. And if we were to add another 6 who have had mixed results, yet might still make it to the top, that would amount to only 40 percent, that is 2 of 5 First Round picks. I can name 'em if needed.

Thus, as we guess we are already bucking the odds, trailing the numbers, not to mention the bias that someone or something has implanted. And because I don't like the odds, and the what I think doesn't matter in the least, fact of it, I'll leave it to the "way too earlies" for now.

Cheers!

spiderblue43

Quote from: Painter on January 06, 2024, 06:16:04 PMAlthough you don't say what you mean by drafted high, your suggestion that MOST who are have become misses (busts if you insists) is mostly accurate as the stats which you assert don't lie, would attest. For example, during the past 15 Drafts - not counting the latest in which Young, Stroud, and Richardson were taken 1, 2,and 4, the number of what can be called, Franchise, or Championship-caliber talent/production QBs are just 12 of a total of 45 or about 27 percent. And if we were to add another 6 who have had mixed results, yet might still make it to the top, that would amount to only 40 percent, that is 2 of 5 First Round picks. I can name 'em if needed.

Thus, as we guess we are already bucking the odds, trailing the numbers, not to mention the bias that someone or something has implanted. And because I don't like the odds, and the what I think doesn't matter in the least, fact of it, I'll leave it to the "way too earlies" for now.

Cheers!

Larry..

High as in franchise-type picks..which the hit and miss rate is dicey..at best. 

Thank you for illuminating that. :ok:

katkavage

I'm thinking there will be some serious bidding wars for that number one pick. Chicago could get a Herschel Walker like haul for it.