News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats the Eagles game part 2

Started by MightyGiants, January 08, 2024, 12:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes

Saquon Barkley
Andrew Thomas
Darren Waller
Wan'Dale Robinson

Goats

Matt Peart
Daniel Bellinger

Tyrod's grade- 69.4

DEFENSE

Heroes

Xavier McKinney (elite)
Micah McFadden (elite)
Nick McCloud (elite)
Dexter Lawrence (elite)
Jihad Ward

Goats

Tre Hawkins III
Cor'Dale Flott
Jordon Riley
Azeez Ojulari

Note-  Simmons just missed the Goat list with a 55.0

https://x.com/PFF_Giants/status/1744413541233242238?s=20

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Rich,

There was a fair bit of debate in the game thread about the caliber of game Thibodeaux was having. Do you mind revealing what his grade was for this game?

TDToomer

I am surprised that Hawkins played enough snaps to qualify for the Goat list. I don't remember seeing on the field.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 08, 2024, 01:11:48 PMRich,

There was a fair bit of debate in the game thread about the caliber of game Thibodeaux was having. Do you mind revealing what his grade was for this game?

Keep in mind players start with a 60, so overall his play detracted from the baseline rather than added to it
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2024, 01:23:56 PMI am surprised that Hawkins played enough snaps to qualify for the Goat list. I don't remember seeing on the field.

According to PFF Hawkins played 26 snaps
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 08, 2024, 02:15:57 PM58.7

Keep in mind players start with a 60, so overall his play detracted from the baseline rather than added to it

Thanks.

Seems like the big knock on him is that he has been inconsistent and has tended to disappear in games against anyone good.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 08, 2024, 02:17:53 PMThanks.

Seems like the big knock on him is that he has been inconsistent and has tended to disappear in games against anyone good.

I have heard people talk about Batman and Robin regarding pass rushers.   The Batman is the guy teams are scared of and game plan for.  The Robin is good but more of a complementary piece.

Right now, I think KT is more a Robin than a Batman.   When you draft a player 5th overall, you hope to land a Batman.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 08, 2024, 02:20:28 PMI have heard people talk about Batman and Robin regarding pass rushers.   The Batman is the guy teams are scared of and game plan for.  The Robin is good but more of a complementary piece.

Right now, I think KT is more a Robin than a Batman.   When you draft a player 5th overall, you hope to land a Batman.

Good analogy! I too think Thibs is more Robin than Batman. Although, with Wink gone it will be interesting how the new DCoordinator will use Thibs and if Thibs will benefit from the new scheme.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Trench

I'm going to give Thibs the benefit of the doubt and say most was in the way Wink utilized him. Remember, Wink also got on him early on in public. I think there is more to the Wink/Thibs story and it reflected in the young man's play

SUPERSEE

he's a lb playing end .. giants should go back to 4-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigmoose

Quote from: SUPERSEE on January 08, 2024, 09:08:12 PMhe's a lb playing end .. giants should go back to 4-3

Or how about a true 3-4?

MightyGiants

Quote from: SUPERSEE on January 08, 2024, 09:08:12 PMhe's a lb playing end .. giants should go back to 4-3

LBers in a 4-3 scheme generally only rush on blitzes.  So if you switch to a 4-3 with the idea that KT will play LBer you are pretty much taking away the pass rush aspect of his game.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE