News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

More assistant coach firings

Started by MightyGiants, January 08, 2024, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Does it specify if maybe Wink himself fired them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Giant Obsession

Hope I am wrong. BUT.....

What better way to force Wink to look elsewhere than taking away his confidantes.

Especially if HC Sparky has been told from above Wink stays.

Just a thought.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

londonblue

Doing this without Wink's buy in would be incendiary. Doing it with his buy in might be the start of the tweaks Wink needs to make as I noted in my boom/bust post on Wink's D.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

uconnjack8

Until I hear or see otherwise, I am just going to assume this all part of the process of evaluating coaches and players and Daboll and Schoen discussed getting rid of what they perceive to be the low performers.  The politics of Wink's "right hand man" is irrelevant IMO.  These guys all know the expectations of the job and that they are likely to be told goodbye at some point. They also know that other coaches that they may be close to or fond of might be the one's getting the axe.  Its part of the job and they know it.

That is not to say there isn't something else leading to these firings, but until that comes from a credible source, this looks like normal year end moves for a team with 6 wins.

MightyGiants

How highly does Wink think of Drew Wilkins? This is from a year ago: "He's a phenomenal coach. When I got interviewed here for the defensive  coordinator job — and you can ask Dabes to confirm this — I said, 'If it doesn't work out with me, you need to hire this guy. He is a special talent in this league.'"

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1744446789703348662?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1744444239939817754?s=20

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1744447458074087778?s=20

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
Had Wink Martindale gotten the head coaching job in Indy last season, sense I got was that Drew Wilkins would have been his DC.

At Combine, very rarely if ever did you see Wink without the Wilkins brothers. Extremely tight.

This is significant, as the entire beat is saying.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

What I find unusual is they fired the brother as well.  Is NYG a crime family or a football team?  :D
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE