News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Raanan reporting that Wink isn't going to last

Started by MightyGiants, January 08, 2024, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

The defense wasn't the problem. The anemic offense was the problem all year
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

shadowspinner0

All the rumors about tension between Daboll and Wink seem to be seeing the light.

londonblue

Schoen and Daboll need to get any replacement right...and that does not mean rehabbing another Buffalo retread in Leslie Frazier!
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

BluesCruz

This is incredibly sad.  Mara needs to step in

Its obvious Daboll wants to get rid of a Coach who make Daboll and his offense look bad

On the 85 Bears Ditka and Buddy Ryan did not speak to one another but together they produced the most feared team of all time

If Wink leaves all bets are off....we will once again circle the drain
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Trench

Let him go.

- Thibs needs to be utilized differently

- Wink teams can't defend a screen because too many are blitzing

- Safety/CB blitz in his scheme need to get to QB (which ours did not)

- WAY too many runs up the gut for easy gains

- Lastly, a poor tackling defense

On the bright side, when Wink went to zone it appeared our D was better (or bent but didn't break).

Woody

He resigned today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

President Rick

to Trench's point....how often did we see Thibs in pass coverage?   Way too many.  He's a pass rusher first, hopefully an edge setter/run stopper second.  He is not a cornerback.  I never got it, using him that way.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

T200

Quote from: Trench on January 08, 2024, 03:31:27 PMLet him go.

- Thibs needs to be utilized differently

- Wink teams can't defend a screen because too many are blitzing

- Safety/CB blitz in his scheme need to get to QB (which ours did not)

- WAY too many runs up the gut for easy gains

- Lastly, a poor tackling defense

On the bright side, when Wink went to zone it appeared our D was better (or bent but didn't break).

I sure won't miss him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: T200 on January 08, 2024, 03:53:46 PMI sure won't miss him.

I've been highly critical of Thibs. That changes once I see him with a new coordinator and Edge coach who will hopefully teach him some added moves. I'd love to see him utilize as intended.

So many times Thibs dropped into coverage and he simply looked bewildered. Most of the time there was nobody even near him so it was a decoy at best - but turned out to be a waste

T200

Quote from: Trench on January 08, 2024, 04:26:51 PMI've been highly critical of Thibs. That changes once I see him with a new coordinator and Edge coach who will hopefully teach him some added moves. I'd love to see him utilize as intended.

So many times Thibs dropped into coverage and he simply looked bewildered. Most of the time there was nobody even near him so it was a decoy at best - but turned out to be a waste
Arrogance and aggression are not assets if they aren't used properly.

Trench

Quote from: T200 on January 08, 2024, 04:30:44 PMArrogance and aggression are not assets if they aren't used properly.

In terms of Thibs or in terms of Wink?

T200

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 03:22:38 PMThis is incredibly sad.  Mara needs to step in

Its obvious Daboll wants to get rid of a Coach who make Daboll and his offense look bad

On the 85 Bears Ditka and Buddy Ryan did not speak to one another but together they produced the most feared team of all time

If Wink leaves all bets are off....we will once again circle the drain
Did you just say "Mara needs to step in"?!!

LORD, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!