News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Raanan reporting that Wink isn't going to last

Started by MightyGiants, January 08, 2024, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 03:22:38 PMThis is incredibly sad.  Mara needs to step in

Its obvious Daboll wants to get rid of a Coach who make Daboll and his offense look bad

On the 85 Bears Ditka and Buddy Ryan did not speak to one another but together they produced the most feared team of all time

If Wink leaves all bets are off....we will once again circle the drain
What?

kartanoman

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 03:22:38 PMThis is incredibly sad.  Mara needs to step in

Its obvious Daboll wants to get rid of a Coach who make Daboll and his offense look bad

On the 85 Bears Ditka and Buddy Ryan did not speak to one another but together they produced the most feared team of all time

If Wink leaves all bets are off....we will once again circle the drain

Buddy Ryan moved onto the Iggles in 1986 as their head coach. Former Bears' players of the day continue to lament that  his leaving destroyed a defensive dynasty that would have yielded three, perhaps, four, consecutive Super Bowl championships.

To be sure, Wink moving on will not have that kind of impact with the current Football Giants.

Come home, AP, come home!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AYM

Quote from: kartanoman on January 08, 2024, 05:09:13 PMBuddy Ryan moved onto the Iggles in 1986 as their head coach. Former Bears' players of the day continue to lament that  his leaving destroyed a defensive dynasty that would have yielded three, perhaps, four, consecutive Super Bowl championships.

To be sure, Wink moving on will not have that kind of impact with the current Football Giants.

Come home, AP, come home!

Peace!

I remember someone did an analysis one time that showed that the '85 Bears were the beneficiaries of an unusually weak league with a high number of injuries - which is why they ended up a 1 and done "dynasty" in the end.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on January 08, 2024, 03:31:27 PMLet him go.

- Thibs needs to be utilized differently

- Wink teams can't defend a screen because too many are blitzing

- Safety/CB blitz in his scheme need to get to QB (which ours did not)

- WAY too many runs up the gut for easy gains

- Lastly, a poor tackling defense

On the bright side, when Wink went to zone it appeared our D was better (or bent but didn't break).

For all of the aggression, the Giants were 28th in the league averaging 2.0 per game.

That and 31st in the league, giving up 4.7 pards per carry on the ground does not make for a good defense. 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Quote from: AYM on January 08, 2024, 06:26:31 PMI remember someone did an analysis one time that showed that the '85 Bears were the beneficiaries of an unusually weak league with a high number of injuries - which is why they ended up a 1 and done "dynasty" in the end.

Let's not also forget that they couldn't repeat because Jim Mcmahon was built like glass and couldn't stay healthy. He only started 6 games and Doug Flutie had to start their one playoff game. Same thing in 86 where he could only start 6 games. Sweetness retired and then the defensive stars demanded top salaries leading to Wilbur Marshall somehow being granted free agency and leaving. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

files58

The game has gone soft. It's time for some DC to take advantage of that, and an owner who will back it up. Football is a collision sport. Each play is controlled aggression. I would love to see a DC who uses the five yards at the LOS as a "kill" zone for the players on offense that can touch the ball. Forget about the ball, attack those that can handle it. For example don't let a TE leave the LOS without getting slammed. I'm not talking about being chucked, but being run into at the snap. Let the refs penalize you while creating short arms, hesitation, and miss-timimg. Ronnie Lott, George Atkinson, Mel Blount, Gary Fencik type of football. Let the world know Mother Theresa before and after the games, Atilla the Hun during them. Certainly no helmet to helmet, that should always be called. Everything else is fair game. Tackling is horrendous throughout football. Find someone who can teach it, because it's not being taught through the different levels of the game.