News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Bill Belichick no longer a Patriot

Started by MightyGiants, January 11, 2024, 08:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 11, 2024, 08:08:33 AMSurprising.

Maybe Daboll will go back to being a Coordinator if Belichick takes over as HC for the Giants.  :P  :P  :P

I wouldn't want Daboll in that position either.  Our best hope for getting rid of Daboll is a 1st round exit by Buffalo with a lousy Josh Allen showing they fire their HC and offer the Giants a 7th round draft choice in trade to get Allen's mentor back.

Hey, I can always hope :)
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 11, 2024, 02:01:13 PMI suspect that Sirianni's future with the Eagles may depend on their playoff run.  If the Eagles are bounced in their first game, I could see him being gone.  If the Eagles get past a weak Buc's team with injuries and has a respectable showing after that, I think he stays.

I know nothing about the Eagles' plans, but sacking Siriani for losing in the playoffs (but still making the playoffs) a year after he was a play or two away from winning a Super Bowl, like him or not as a person, would seem incredibly harsh and perhaps a bit foolish. He's a 42 year old head coach who is 36-19 so far. How many coaches in that franchise's history had a better winning percentage than that? He has been there for just three seasons and has been in the postseason every year. He's now going to lose his job if he doesn't advance to the second round in year three? Wow.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 11, 2024, 03:09:42 PMI know nothing about the Eagles' plans, but sacking Siriani for losing in the playoffs (but still making the playoffs) a year after he was a play or two away from winning a Super Bowl, like him or not as a person, would seem incredibly harsh and perhaps a bit foolish. He's a 42 year old head coach who is 36-19 so far. How many coaches in that franchise's history had a better winning percentage than that? He has been there for just three seasons and has been in the postseason every year. He's now going to lose his job if he doesn't advance to the second round in year three? Wow.

I have heard reports that there may be unrest in the Eagles locker room. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 11, 2024, 03:10:52 PMI have heard reports that there may be unrest in the Eagles locker room. 

I'm sure there is. Losing 5 out of your last 6 games is no fun. It still seems knee-jerky to me to fire a coach with his resume over a bad stretch that involved a ton of injuries, but Howie Roseman clearly knows what he's doing, so I'll obviously defer to him. Just seems odd to me is all. I'll be surprised if it happens.

goNets

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 11, 2024, 03:09:42 PMI know nothing about the Eagles' plans, but sacking Siriani for losing in the playoffs (but still making the playoffs) a year after he was a play or two away from winning a Super Bowl, like him or not as a person, would seem incredibly harsh and perhaps a bit foolish. He's a 42 year old head coach who is 36-19 so far. How many coaches in that franchise's history had a better winning percentage than that? He has been there for just three seasons and has been in the postseason every year. He's now going to lose his job if he doesn't advance to the second round in year three? Wow.

It seemed a bit rash when they drafted Hurts after their promising young starter had a couple of bumps in the road, but had already put that team in the position to win a Super Bowl. That decision was clearly the right one. Their GM consistently puts this team in the position to win. He may figure whatever magic got this coach had last season may have worn off. That would be especially true if he lost the locker room. Having said that I hope the cocky jerk sticks, because I think much of his success is attributable to his coordinators, and I want to him suffer in a way that only Eagles fans can make a coach suffer.