News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Patriots hire Jerod Mayo as their new HC

Started by MightyGiants, January 12, 2024, 09:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 12, 2024, 12:41:21 PMI was thinking about number two.

I read this and yes, the Pats probably didn't comply, but isn't the rule an effort for teams to hire minority people, so what's the problem here? They skipped a few interviews and hired a minority guy. Why make a sham of the rule when you are already complying with it's intent?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on January 13, 2024, 12:02:54 PMI read this and yes, the Pats probably didn't comply, but isn't the rule an effort for teams to hire minority people, so what's the problem here? They skipped a few interviews and hired a minority guy. Why make a sham of the rule when you are already complying with it's intent?
oh, I agree.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AYM

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 12, 2024, 02:39:33 PMI agree with everyone else that it appears this move does not comply with the letter of the rule.   However as @uconngiant pointed out it certainly matches the spirit of the rule. 

I guess the Pats went to the league and told them they had an in-house minority candidate they wanted to promote and ask if the league would waive all the other requirements to allow that to happen.  The league would be foolish to say no.   I guess with the Raiders, they are not sold on AP continuing to be their head coach.

Yeah, it's pretty clear the Raiders want Harbaugh - just as a few years ago they wanted McDaniel instead of Bisacccia.

Philosophers

Quote from: AYM on January 13, 2024, 04:42:40 PMYeah, it's pretty clear the Raiders want Harbaugh - just as a few years ago they wanted McDaniel instead of Bisacccia.

Supposedly Harbaugh is interviewing this week with the Chargers.  They seem focused on him.