News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT-Wild Card Saturday

Started by spiderblue43, January 12, 2024, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

"Playoffs? Playoffs?"-Jim Mora.

Yup.

Browns at Texans. Maybe the most competitive game off the tee. Texans overcame injuries to win their Division and have one of the best long ball qbs in CJ Stroud..have the home crowd and quality young talent.

And Dalton Schultz, a terrific TE addition from the
Pokes, plus Will Anderson, another star rookie creating havoc and an inspirational coach in Ryans.

And then came Flacco. Off his couch and into the hearts of Clevelanders as their savior.Speaking of long ball..he also is one of the best  And Schwartz's D is top notch..

If this game were in Cleveland..I'd love the Brownies..but I will pick them anyway cause I believe their defense won't fold late. BROWNS close.

Onto to the frozen face off where your face might freeze off-KC. Dolphins blew their best chance to make a run at a Supe losing to the Bills. That said..their offense is finally healthy but at the worst time..

KC Swifties limped into the playoffs..kicking and screaming..but have the defense in artic conditions to stymie the Fins. Miami is a fish out of water here. Losing their best pass rusher in Chubb is a crusher.

Mahomes will do enough..refs too to please America's Sweetheart Team
KC comfortably.

Shuffling off..to Buffalo. It won't be Buff-Below Zero..but windy as can be. An impossible spot for the Steelers with a 3rd Stringer (Rudolph) at the helm. No AJ Watt (Pitt 1-10 without him) and..for once..I am buying into the Bills.

Allen has accounted for 41 tds this year He screws up a lot. but he keeps grinding always. Plus..their OL has stayed healthy all year and can run it .
A loss would be devastating for Buffalo Don't see it.
BILLS big.

Ed Vette

Disappointed that the best game is on a streaming service that fans would have to purchase a plan. Peacock my ass.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

My two cents:

Browns -2 vs Texans

I think CJ Stroud is 100% legit and has a big time future. I also think this team has some other compelling pieces. However I don't trust a rookie QB and a rookie HC in their first ever playoff game against a D of this caliber. I also think Flacco's experience will help the Browns in this spot. Pick: Browns.

Chiefs -4.5 vs Dolphins.

Fascinating game. I really don't have a strong view. Could see it going either way. In the end I have to side with KC because the weather is going to be arctic, and I just don't want to fade Mahomes/Reid/Kelce in the playoffs unless I really have a good reason. Pick: Chiefs

Bills -10 vs Steelers

10 points isn't small, but no way I can take the Steelers on the road in Buffalo without TJ Watt. Their record without Watt the last two years is really bad. They also don't have legit QB play. They can run the ball well but that's about it. Think you have to lean Buffalo here. Pick: Bills.

Dallas -7 vs Packers

I am really struggling with this one. I have a hard time with Dak laying a lot of points in the playoffs (at least until he shows he's worthy of that), but it's equally hard for me to want to fade Dallas at home. I feel like this line is right where it should be at 7/7.5. If I were an active bettor I would never touch this game. I think Dallas probably wins, but Green Bay has plenty of weapons and people to worry about, so I don't know that it will be a blowout.  Dallas will need to find a way to slow down their RBs, and that is not a strength for the Cowboys. Gun to my head I'll take the points but not with any real confidence. Pick: Pack

Lions -3 vs Rams:

Very interesting game. Rams have been playing lights out ball and Sean McVay knows how to win in the playoffs. I have to like the Rams here. I think the LaPorta injury is a huge problem for the Lions, and I also can't see the Lions stopping Puka and Kupp in the air. I love what Campbell has been putting together in Detroit, but I don't think this is their year for a deep run. Pick: Rams

Eagles -3 vs Bucs:

Taking the Eagles is like catching a falling knife. They're a mess. They've lost 5 out of last 6 and there is already talk that the coach will be fired after this. Bucs are hardly worldbeaters, but the Eagles' pass D is putrid and the Bucs do have excellent receivers. I think Tampa pulls the upset here. Not high conviction but it's impossible to back the Eagles with the way they have looked the last six weeks, especially on the road. Pick: Bucs

spiderblue43

Dave..

The Eagles are dead. Hurts had to admit he hadn't thrown a pass all week. Game over finally for the friggin coach..friggin team..plus their friggin fans to paraphrase Siriani.

Agree that the Lions/Rams is very interesting  Stafford's return is the narrative, but I wonder about Campbell having some meltdown moment to cost his team. Trust McVay to have the Rams very tough to keep off the board.
RAMS close

spiderblue43

Editors note: I forget to term it..

SUPER WILD CARD WEEKEND!!

Even the media is carrying on  :what:  by inferring possibly the greatest ever. It's very intriguing with possible coaching outcomes..but not so sure about the games themselves.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 12, 2024, 10:01:52 AM"Playoffs? Playoffs?"-Jim Mora.

Yup.

Browns at Texans. Maybe the most competitive game off the tee. Texans overcame injuries to win their Division and have one of the best long ball qbs in CJ Stroud..have the home crowd and quality young talent.

And Dalton Schultz, a terrific TE addition from the
Pokes, plus Will Anderson, another star rookie creating havoc and an inspirational coach in Ryans.

And then came Flacco. Off his couch and into the hearts of Clevelanders as their savior.Speaking of long ball..he also is one of the best  And Schwartz's D is top notch..

If this game were in Cleveland..I'd love the Brownies..but I will pick them anyway cause I believe their defense won't fold late. BROWNS close.

Onto to the frozen face off where your face might freeze off-KC. Dolphins blew their best chance to make a run at a Supe losing to the Bills. That said..their offense is finally healthy but at the worst time..

KC Swifties limped into the playoffs..kicking and screaming..but have the defense in artic conditions to stymie the Fins. Miami is a fish out of water here. Losing their best pass rusher in Chubb is a crusher.

Mahomes will do enough..refs too to please America's Sweetheart Team
KC comfortably.

Shuffling off..to Buffalo. It won't be Buff-Below Zero..but windy as can be. An impossible spot for the Steelers with a 3rd Stringer (Rudolph) at the helm. No AJ Watt (Pitt 1-10 without him) and..for once..I am buying into the Bills.

Allen has accounted for 41 tds this year He screws up a lot. but he keeps grinding always. Plus..their OL has stayed healthy all year and can run it .
A loss would be devastating for Buffalo Don't see it.
BILLS big.

Solid write up and thoughts. I'd be taking Eagles over the Bucs and Lions over Rams.

If the Dallas game was on the road but they put up mountains of points at home. I think Green Bay will ride them close but Dak does enough to squeak through.

files58

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 12, 2024, 10:07:27 AMDisappointed that the best game is on a streaming service that fans would have to purchase a plan. Peacock my ass.

The league should get alot of heat for this. It pisses me off. I will call and try to get through to the league office, and give them a piece of my mind. F them.

uconnjack8

Quote from: files58 on January 12, 2024, 01:20:06 PMThe league should get alot of heat for this. It pisses me off. I will call and try to get through to the league office, and give them a piece of my mind. F them.

There certainly won't be much heat at the game.

Bill Brown

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 12, 2024, 10:07:27 AMDisappointed that the best game is on a streaming service that fans would have to purchase a plan. Peacock my ass.

Happy that I have a Superbox. I'll be able to get a local feed.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

zephirus

Quote from: files58 on January 12, 2024, 01:20:06 PMThe league should get alot of heat for this. It pisses me off. I will call and try to get through to the league office, and give them a piece of my mind. F them.

If there's a wait to get to talk to someone it's because I'm ahead of you in line to scream.  I'm boycotting the game.  I already have Hulu with live tv, youtube for the sunday ticket, and Prime for Thursday nights. 

files58

Just called 212-450-2000. Someone actually picked up, voice sounded like someone who answers the phone at a local school. She directed me to their PR dept. L/M starting with this call should be directed to the greed department, and went on from there.

LennG

Fortunately, I do have Peacock, but don't they offer a one-week trial? If so you can sign up, watch the game and then cancel.

If not, you're all invited to my house, but you will have to watch on a puny 32" TV.   :o  :o  :o  :o
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss