News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT-NFL Weather Watch Concern

Started by spiderblue43, January 12, 2024, 11:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

As we've heard, playoff conditions figure to be bad to awful in both KC & Buffalo. Now comes a possible need (from the NFL) to move either one or both to a later date.

The league considers it a safety consideration (certainly true) but it also includes the spectre of being unwatchable with cameras..a major problem too considering. Money talks as well.
. At least The Fog Bowl in 1988 was harmless

Thoughts?

DaveBrown74

Would have to be beyond extreme for them to actually postpone a playoff game due to weather. I guess they could move either game to Monday, which is a holiday, including both of them, but that's beyond disruptive for all kinds of reasons. Not to mention they'll lose money, which they don't like doing. Will be extremely surprised if it happens.

spiderblue43

Dave,

We know Roger fetes the owners. And could care less about player safety or the fans. Why not switch the KC game to 1 pm est.? Have the Browns/Texans later. Far more tolerable for the players too. Nope.

Ratings rule. Peacock wants max exposure with a more interesting game. Even though I want to see the Peacock Bowl, I am not paying for it. Screw them too

:boooo: