News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- I really feel good for Goff

Started by MightyGiants, January 15, 2024, 08:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Imagine how he felt being the throw-in/afterthought in the trade that sent him from the Rams to the Lions.

The Rams sent  a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 first-round pick, a 2021 third-round pick, and Goff to the Lions for Matt Stafford.

Imagine how sweet it must have been to defeat the team that rejected him in the playoffs.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Too bad we didn't sign him when some here were suggesting it. Stafford also showed he is on a different level in terms of looking and throwing it downfield

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on January 15, 2024, 08:10:08 AMToo bad we didn't sign him when some here were suggesting it. Stafford also showed he is on a different level in terms of looking and throwing it downfield

Sign who? Neither Stafford or Goff ever reached free agency. Goff is playing on the extension he signed with the Rams.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Gmo11

The super rare trade that worked out for both teams.  You almost never see that happen particularly when one team has already won a super bowl but I don't think either one of those teams would go back and undo that deal if given the chance.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on January 15, 2024, 11:40:40 AMThe super rare trade that worked out for both teams.  You almost never see that happen particularly when one team has already won a super bowl but I don't think either one of those teams would go back and undo that deal if given the chance.

You really can't second guess a trade that wins a SB trophy.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on January 15, 2024, 11:38:51 AMSign who? Neither Stafford or Goff ever reached free agency. Goff is playing on the extension he signed with the Rams.

I thank you, I should have clarified - trade for him 

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on January 15, 2024, 12:39:03 PMI thank you, I should have clarified - trade for him 

That's funny. The Rams were looking for an upgrade at QB which is why they targeted Stafford. No way were they trading Goff for Jones.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on January 15, 2024, 03:56:19 PMThat's funny. The Rams were looking for an upgrade at QB which is why they targeted Stafford. No way were they trading Goff for Jones.

I was trying to illustrate that we fans don't always know the ins and outs. In the past many of us wrote that Goff had seen better days.

BluesCruz

I never understood that trade

Both seemed equal from afar and Goff younger
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"