News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Raanan is hearing that Mike Kafka is likely gone

Started by MightyGiants, January 19, 2024, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 19, 2024, 06:10:51 PMIf I had the chance to go somewhere like Houston or Detroit (teams with good offenses who are likely losing coordinators), I very likely would not stay. The Giants are looking at another partial or possibly full season with Daniel Jones. If you're an OC trying to get a HC job, that's not exactly a position of strength.
Is it possible that his decision will have something to do about the team's commitment to Daniel Jones? There could be more than one reason.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm a little surprised that he's even being considered for a HC job. He had a couple years as QB coach working with arguably the best QB in the game (where he didn't call plays), then a couple of years with the Giants as the play caller without a whole lot of luck. He's 36 and seems a little green to me to be stepping into the top spot of coaching at this stage of his career. We'll see
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 20, 2024, 09:06:37 AMI'm a little surprised that he's even being considered for a HC job. He had a couple years as QB coach working with arguably the best QB in the game (where he didn't call plays), then a couple of years with the Giants as the play caller without a whole lot of luck. He's 36 and seems a little green to me to be stepping into the top spot of coaching at this stage of his career. We'll see
I don't think he's HC bound this year. He would do best going to a situation where he has a better chance to flourish. Seems like this bridge has been burnt.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 20, 2024, 08:14:37 AMIs it possible that his decision will have something to do about the team's commitment to Daniel Jones? There could be more than one reason.

Sure, there can be a lot of factors. But clearly he has aspirations to be a head coach, as most young coordinators do. So I would guess the overarching factor in any decision to leave for a lateral move would center around his assessment of what his fastest track is towards getting a HC job. So I think a large part of the decision would be centered around the caliber of the offense on the team he's headed for.

The reality is just about any team, save for maybe one or two, would be an improvement over our offense.