News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Are the Chiefs done with Toney

Started by LennG, January 19, 2024, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Seems he has been inactive for the past few games, since Dec 17 with another injury. With the Chiefs really limited at WR, you might think Topney might make a better effort to get on the field. Maybe the Chiefs have had enough of him.

Will he be out there for this week's game?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Toney's inability to make a name for himself on the Chiefs, of all teams, especially given their lack of quality wide receivers, has been just about a career killer for him.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 19, 2024, 04:51:39 PMToney's inability to make a name for himself on the Chiefs, of all teams, especially given their lack of quality wide receivers, has been just about a career killer for him.

On the plus side for him he'll have plenty of money and time to focus on being a lousy rapper.

Philosophers

Rashee Rice has made Toney a footnote in KC.

nb587

He has the capacity to be a very good punt returner.  Unless there's an attitude issue there or other problems similar to what he had here, I think they keep him and hope he grows up

TDToomer

The Chiefs are stuck paying him next season the final of his rookie deal which are guaranteed for 4 years. They bought a lemon.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

goNets

He's their secret weapon that they're hiding until the championship game where he'll put on a legendary performance.

Fletch

You guys can mock and ridicule all you want; his big punt return was the difference in a super bowl which looked like a shoot-out-last one-with-ball-wins type. Very worth it for a 3rd round pick and, they use other wide receivers.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Fletch on January 22, 2024, 09:10:36 AMYou guys can mock and ridicule all you want; his big punt return was the difference in a super bowl which looked like a shoot-out-last one-with-ball-wins type. Very worth it for a 3rd round pick and, they use other wide receivers.

Given the importance of that play, it is probably fair to say he has done more for the Chiefs organization than Waller has done for us.

Still, just having him around has a toxic element to it. Especially on a losing team like ours.

Doc16LT56

On the plus side, Waller is now making music, so we have an in house replacement for Yung Joka.

https://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1748432843326267844?t=PfdxxnLvZRd2d3X85MXYRw&s=19

ralphpal1

Chiefs beating the eagles helped us also
So it was a win - win

zephirus

He's become a punchline for the Chiefs now - with fans openly mocking him.

"I see you Chiefs, making sure KT can't line-up offsides again"
"Kadarius Toney is out?  I'm not sure how the Bills overcome that one, he was their secret weapon"

I won't say the Chiefs "lost" the trade - he made 2 plays in the Superbowl that probably bought him enough goodwill to ensure the trade wasn't a complete bust.  But I'd be very surprised if he's a professional beyond another year or so.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 22, 2024, 09:32:09 AMOn the plus side, Waller is now making music, so we have an in house replacement for Yung Joka.

https://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1748432843326267844?t=PfdxxnLvZRd2d3X85MXYRw&s=19

A WHOLE album of THAT ???

Are there no noise pollution laws in New York.

Whatr is his rap name....."Lame String"????
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon