News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Divisional Round Games

Started by DaveBrown74, January 20, 2024, 01:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I'm setting up the thread for this weekend's four games.

Divisional weekend is always my favorite of the postseason. Just four games, all teams that either had to be elite in the regular season or who won the previous weekend. Great slate.

My quick two cents on each game:

Texans +9.5 at Ravens:

Tough one to call here with the points. On the one hand I could easily see the Ravens completely dominating and winning by 30, but Stroud has some magic going right now and Lamar's playoff resume is pretty poor. That doesn't mean he can't turn it around and have a big game today, but I kind of need to see it to believe it, and I'm not dying to fade Stroud with all these points. I would take the Texans getting the 9.5 here, but with pretty low conviction as I recognize Baltimore is the better team.

Pack +10 at 9ers:

Apparently McCaffrey is healthy. Pack can't stop the run and they also won't have the success running the ball themselves that the did last week. I think the Niners win this convincingly and cover the number relatively easily.

Bucs +6 at Lions:

I'm not buying into the Bucs at all. I appreciate they won big last week, but to me that was more about the Eagles' historic implosion than it was about the Bucs being good. I think people are overrating the Bucs right now and 6 points is a gift. Lions win this one going away.

Chiefs +3 at Bills:

Another tough one. It's hard to not want to take Mahomes getting points, plus the Bills' D is banged up, but for me I just can't fade Josh Allen right now, especially at home at night. The crowd is going to be nuts, and the Mahomes-era Chiefs have never played a road playoff game. The Chiefs have just been kind of off all year. The Bills on the other hand have won six in a row. I think they keep it going this weekend. Chiefs will put up a fight but I think the Bills win and should be able to cover.

TDToomer

Chiefs/Bills seem like the game of the weekend where it can go either way. No wonder it is the final game this weekend in primetime. The other games could be fairly one sided.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 20, 2024, 01:51:47 PMChiefs/Bills seem like the game of the weekend where it can go either way. No wonder it is the final game this weekend in primetime. The other games could be fairly one sided.

Agreed. That's definitely the marquee matchup of the weekend that people are the most excited about. I agree the other three could be one-sided but I'm guessing at least one of them is surprising.

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

spiderblue43

Chiefs/Bills not on Peacock? :what:

I'd would be shocked to see a mediocre Bucs bunch to upset the Lions.Tampa has zero running game and holes in their interior OL. St. Brown and LaPorta too much for them to swashbuckle down Pick: Lions roaring

Ravens have played the best football all year-so many terrific athletes on D schemed well..Lamar excelling from the pocket when needed..special teams rock solid..tough to beat. Texans should give them some trouble with Stroud's arm..staff but they will Ushered out in Poeville. Pick:Ravens raucous.

Maybe San Fran got a good wake-up call with the Dallas debacle LW. Too much talent for the Niners (in the rain btw) not to strike gold. Packers run game has to be big to keep Love in play action. Like the Pack's young Wrs a lot but no Lombardi leap yet. Pick:Niners finer.

Chiefs in unfamiliar spot-playoff road team (Mahomes finally not at home). And their defense being their strength. Wr Rice has stepped up..Pacheco a tough chain mover and Taylor(haha)..I mean Travis..who looks slower and less reliable than ever.

The Bills? They have a dynamic offense;operating like a stampede (OC Brady major factor) but are banged up defensively everywhere. Plus..more bad weather that likely makes this a close..last possession game.Pick:Bills Will
 :
 :nanner:

y_so_blu

I can't stand the Ravens. Partly because every time a game is played there we have to see or hear about Ray "Double Homicide" Lewis. But also because their city is a mess and they just tick me off. So, go Texans.

DaveBrown74

Jackson looks on point early with his passing.

spiderblue43

Texans sloppy..nervous..jumpy so far. 6 flags already. Stroud under pressure..behind the sticks a lot. All tied 3-3 after 1st. Both teams not sharp. Lamar scrambling a bunch.

spiderblue43

Texans getting stoned running the ball   Ravens hardly smooth but Jackson keeps improvising..has em up 10-3. Penalty fest in the trenches for Houston. Texans come up stout on D...and then SCORE on a punt return. Wow. Tie game late 2nd

Trench

Zietler opening up all sorts of holes at G for Ravens. He's pulling a lot and crushing guys.

Why in heavens did we let him go?

MagicRat

Think it's getting away from Houston now.
They'll be back though
Smell my cheese you mother!

TDToomer

The Texans made it interesting for 30 minutes. They are in great hand with DeMarco, Stroud and Nico.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Blue Since ‘62

The Ravens do what good teams do. They made the necessary adjustments and will win. It just pisses me off that the Ravens plug in whomever and that that replacement succeeds. Their scouting is light years ahead of the Giants. Not even close. Living in the Baltimore area is going to suck the next few weeks - unless the Ravens lose.

uconnjack8

Best Ravens D I have seen in a while

Blue Since ‘62

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 20, 2024, 06:53:58 PMBest Ravens D I have seen in a while

Agree. On almost every play there are three or four players around the ball.