News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Divisional Round Games

Started by DaveBrown74, January 20, 2024, 01:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Quote from: Trench on January 20, 2024, 06:39:02 PMZietler opening up all sorts of holes at G for Ravens. He's pulling a lot and crushing guys.

Why in heavens did we let him go?

He is another guy that shows it's not just talent that is the problem on the OL. 

Been far too many OL that have left the team and been successful elsewhere.

Blue Since ‘62

Ravens will win the Super Bowl easily and this could be the start of a Patriots-like domination.

LennG

The trick to beating them is to contain Jackson. Once he has no where to run, he just isn't that good a passer.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

DaveBrown74

Messiah717

This is getting good.  Green Bay now setup to take the lead.

T200

GB letting SF hang around. Gonna be a good finish.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

I'd like to see GB hold on but have my doubts.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MagicRat

GB flat out threw this away.
They should have won this game looking over their shoulder.
Smell my cheese you mother!

T200

Love had a horrible second half. Too many bad throws.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

spiderblue43

That was a cheese-it choke.
 Love and the Pack folded (i.e terrible kicker..
QB's crap second half..dropped ints ..play calls in Niner territory)..

Niners escaped. Purdy missed guys all night. Blown opportunity by GB.

Messiah717

Quote from: MagicRat on January 20, 2024, 11:18:16 PMGB flat out threw this away.
They should have won this game looking over their shoulder.

Yup, they had the game in their hands. 

Ed Vette

Shoulda, woulda, coulda in those 4th down analytic decisions. A FG chip shot and it's overtime. Purdy was not on his game most of the night but neither was Love. One was rusty the other it remains to be seen if the moment was too big or a learning experience.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Without Deebo in the lineup, the 49ers are not the same team and it clearly showed last night. When he's in, they're nearly unbeatable.

But hat's off to the Pack who took it to the home team and kept them on their heels most of the night.

I don't know that the QBs were off their game. Both made some phenomenal throws for big plays over the course of the game. I would like to think both defenses came to play and I was very impressed in how the Packers' were able to get a running game going to open Love up to slicing and dicing the 49ers' secondary.

Purdy, on the other hand, felt the pressure of the Packers' rush and, in spite of his passing stats, did manage to make some big time throws without Deebo in the lineup. I just love watching Kittle blowing up opposing secondaries! When you have to deal with him, and their receivers, then McCaffrey comes in and becomes a difference maker. The Pack held him back for most of the game, but he was all $$$ when it counted most and his long TD run helped change the momentum of the game to the 49ers.

With the rain dampening things, it made for additional drama. These two teams put on a stellar performance which is what playoff football is supposed to be about.

Green Bay fans should hold their heads high after blowing out Dallas and taking the soon to be NFC Champs the distance.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

uconnjack8

GB is definitely better than I thought they were