News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Schwartz reports the Giants have no intention of moving on without Kafka

Started by LennG, January 21, 2024, 12:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-giants-have-no-intention-of-moving-on-from-mike-kafka/ar-BB1h1ynA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c45b2653fc9b409881a6c9fab06c14ca&ei=14

Paul Schwartz of the New York Post, who often speaks on behalf of the team, reports that the Giants do not intend to move on from Kafka this offseason.

The Giants have no intention of moving on from Kafka. If he gets a head coaching gig, of course he will depart. It will be interesting to see what happens if there is outside interest in hiring Kafka as an offensive coordinator and if Kafka is piqued by that interest. There were times this past season when Daboll got more involved in the offense and the play-calling, and Daboll did not state unequivocally that Kafka will continue to call the plays in 2024.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I think the rest of Paul Schwartz's story (aka what the Giants want you to hear) is setting up for a possible Kafka departure, even if it's just another OC job (former GM Randy Mueller in his latest podcast mentioned that Kafka's head coaching interviews could also serve as OC interviews).

QuoteKafka could view an opportunity with another team as beneficial to his coaching career. Or he could return and wait and see what Daboll has in store for him.

Tierney, 37, has never been a play-caller but everyone has to start somewhere and he could be in line for a promotion to offensive coordinator if Kafka leaves. Daboll and Tierney have a history together, linking up for the first time in 2017 at Alabama, when Daboll was the offensive coordinator and Tierney was an offensive assistant on Nick Saban's staff.

Daboll brought Tierney with him to Buffalo in 2018 and to the Giants in 2022. Tierney's attention to detail helped Daniel Jones put together the best season of his career, landing Jones a four-year contract worth $160 million. Tierney this past season helped get undrafted rookie Tommy DeVito up to speed and DeVito responded by winning three consecutive games — throwing five touchdown passes and no interceptions in that streak.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 21, 2024, 12:19:48 PMI think the rest of Paul Schwartz's story (aka what the Giants want you to hear) is setting up for a possible Kafka departure, even if it's just another OC job (former GM Randy Mueller in his latest podcast mentioned that Kafka's head coaching interviews could also serve as OC interviews).

Since he's under contract and we don't want to part with him, make me an offer I can't refuse. lol
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

killarich

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 21, 2024, 12:19:48 PMI think the rest of Paul Schwartz's story (aka what the Giants want you to hear) is setting up for a possible Kafka departure, even if it's just another OC job (former GM Randy Mueller in his latest podcast mentioned that Kafka's head coaching interviews could also serve as OC interviews).

I would not mind giving Tierney a go .... I know he has no history playcalling ...... but what can be worse than what we've witnessed the last 2 seasons

Great coaches have to get a start somewhere

Bob In PA

QuoteKafka could view an opportunity with another team as beneficial to his coaching career. Or he could return and wait and see what Daboll has in store for him.

Rich: This line is not out-of-the-question, IMO. It might depend, for one thing, on the age of the head coach of the team to which Kafka might ask the Giants to permit him to move. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!