News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Vic Fangio new Eagles DC

Started by ozzie, January 24, 2024, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

killarich

DaveBrown74

Not shocked.

At least it's not Wink.

ozzie

I read the headline and thought for sure it was going to be Wink!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Quote from: ozzie on January 24, 2024, 08:08:08 PMI read the headline and thought for sure it was going to be Wink!
They didn't want him.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

uconnjack8

Not sure I think it's better they got Fangio over Wink. 

Either way they probably got a DC upgrade.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on January 25, 2024, 08:17:12 AMSo what is taking us so long?
Maybe they want a position coach on a playoff team. Or they are in negotiations with someone.

Makes me wonder if they really wanted to get rid of Wink if they didn't have a plan to replace him.

Or they promote within and replace that Coach. I would think that would be easy.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 25, 2024, 08:23:01 AMMaybe they want a position coach on a playoff team. Or they are in negotiations with someone.

Makes me wonder if they really wanted to get rid of Wink if they didn't have a plan to replace him.

Or they promote within and replace that Coach. I would think that would be easy.

Excellent points

MightyGiants

Now we know how our division rivals felt when the Giants were able to land Wink Martindale
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 25, 2024, 08:21:23 AMNot sure I think it's better they got Fangio over Wink. 

Either way they probably got a DC upgrade.

Uconn: I agree.  Also, Fangio is a good man (unlike the guy he'll be working for  =)) ). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 24, 2024, 11:02:24 PMThey didn't want him.

Maybe teams aren't tripping over themselves to sign an insubordinate coordinator who goes rogue on his head coach. Maybe Daboll was justified in his treatment of Wink.

T200

Quote from: Stringer Bell on January 25, 2024, 11:04:23 AMMaybe teams aren't tripping over themselves to sign an insubordinate coordinator who goes rogue on his head coach. Maybe Daboll was justified in his treatment of Wink.
I agree with your first sentence, not so much the second.

Daboll needs to be better in his interpersonal communication. But Wink's issue is much harder for him. As you said, not many people are going to want to bring in someone to work for them who has a history of insubordination, behaving poorly when he doesn't get his way, and ghosting his employer.

Neither Daboll nor Wink had saintly roles in the split. But Daboll has hired two coaches so far and Wink is still unemployed.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on January 25, 2024, 08:17:12 AMSo what is taking us so long?

One possibility could be that the Giants' first choice is the Ravens' Dennard Wilson, who is still in the playoffs.  Plus, it's possible the Ravens could lose their DC, and Wilson might prefer that job to the Giants' position.

Dennard Wilson was the guy the Eagles let go (much to the player's chagrin) when they hired now fired Sean Desai.  Wilson went to the Ravens and boosted the play of their secondary.  Wilson is a gamble (as all promotional hires are) but he might prove to be a find.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE