News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Vic Fangio new Eagles DC

Started by ozzie, January 24, 2024, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffy

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 24, 2024, 08:00:40 PMNot shocked.

At least it's not Wink.

Fangio is a way better DC than Wink, IMO.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: T200 on January 25, 2024, 11:16:30 AMI agree with your first sentence, not so much the second.

Daboll needs to be better in his interpersonal communication.

Both can be true at the same time. Daboll needs to improve and was justified in Wink's case.

MightyGiants

For those who are interested.  Wink had a 2-day interview for the Jags DC job but lost out to the Falcon's former DC Ryan Nielsen, who is a young up-and-comer.  I suspect Wink would have liked that job, as he has a home near the Jags.

There are still head coaches to be hired, so Wink might still have a shot, but it looks like Wink giving up the $3 million-plus for his freedom may prove to be a costly decision.  Drama like the Giants suffered tends to stain all involved.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 25, 2024, 11:23:56 AMFor those who are interested.  Wink had a 2-day interview for the Jags DC job but lost out to the Falcon's former DC Ryan Nielsen, who is a young up-and-comer.  I suspect Wink would have liked that job, as he has a home near the Jags.

There are still head coaches to be hired, so Wink might still have a shot, but it looks like Wink giving up the $3 million-plus for his freedom may prove to be a costly decision.  Drama like the Giants suffered tends to stain all involved.

Interesting. I would have thought Wink would have gotten snapped up pretty quickly. That doesn't appear to be exactly the case so far. Dallas is still a possibility (I assume Quinn won't resign until he has a contract signed for a head coaching job).

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 25, 2024, 11:51:54 AMInteresting. I would have thought Wink would have gotten snapped up pretty quickly. That doesn't appear to be exactly the case so far. Dallas is still a possibility (I assume Quinn won't resign until he has a contract signed for a head coaching job).

I agree; if Quinn gets a head coaching job, I would see Wink as a good choice to replace him. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE