News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you be happy if this was the Giants draft?

Started by MightyGiants, January 26, 2024, 10:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 26, 2024, 10:34:36 AMThe Giants won those meaningless games (Woopy! Yay! All real fans rejoice!) so they eliminated their chance to ensure a bright future by solidifying the QB position.  With that reality in mind, what do you think of this PFF mock draft?

I am sorry, but where is the draft? I dont see it Rich
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Hadron

How many more times are you going to draft an offensive lineman in round 1/2?

The team has dumped premium picks into the position in recent years with mixed results.

The team needs JMS and Neal to figure it out. For Neal, that could be at guard if he can't get his act together with the new o-line coach.

Guard? You can fill with current players and/or cheap vets.

QB and WR need upgrades. Another pass rusher would be nice too. At the end of the day, this team needs consistency at QB above all else.

katkavage

Quote from: Hadron on January 26, 2024, 01:57:38 PMHow many more times are you going to draft an offensive lineman in round 1/2?

The team has dumped premium picks into the position in recent years with mixed results.

The team needs JMS and Neal to figure it out. For Neal, that could be at guard if he can't get his act together with the new o-line coach.

Guard? You can fill with current players and/or cheap vets.

QB and WR need upgrades. Another pass rusher would be nice too. At the end of the day, this team needs consistency at QB above all else.

They need a good consistency at QB. Not just consistency.

jgrangers2

Quote from: LennG on January 26, 2024, 12:33:35 PMPersonally, I hate it.

Our biggest needs right now are NOT a Wide Receiver, though we need one eventually. Our biggest needs are
QB and OL, and they are simply not addressed at all. To wait until the 4th round to get an OLman is ridiculous. Unless we had the Ravens scouting staff, anyone picked in the 4th round is a huge question mark and we don't need more question marks we need starters.

And QB, even if Jones can go, with his neck issues he is one hit away from becoming a sportscaster in a booth somewhere. Even if he goes out and burns up the league, any hit on his neck could be the last we ever see of him so how can we put all our eggs in his basket? We need a new face at QB, and that is the #1 priority.

I can't stress this enough, but you don't force positions in the draft, especially at QB. That's literally how we ended up with Jones to begin with. The Giants likely won't be able to get any of the top 3 QBs and if they don't like the second tier guys (McCarthy, Penix, Nix) then don't force it.

katkavage

Quote from: jgrangers2 on January 26, 2024, 02:06:11 PMI can't stress this enough, but you don't force positions in the draft, especially at QB. That's literally how we ended up with Jones to begin with. The Giants likely won't be able to get any of the top 3 QBs and if they don't like the second tier guys (McCarthy, Penix, Nix) then don't force it.
I agree, that is the face of QB hell we could be in for a long time.

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on January 26, 2024, 02:08:44 PMI agree, that is the face of QB hell we could be in for a long time.

Sadly, that didn't need to be the case; we saw our division rival (the Commanders) ensure they wouldn't be stuck in that hell (by trading away their two staring Edge rushers, they didn't plan on re-signing).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Would I be happy? Very happy if they are able to get Malik Nabers with their No.6 pick but less so thereafter as my "needs/target" priority list differs from PFF's. That's assuming, of course, that their current 5 slots remain as they are.

I do not see the Giants targeting a CB in Round 2(39) rather I see it as an either-or decision involving Odunze and Alt should they not get Nabers at 6. Then either an OT like Jordan Morgan or an IOL like Jackson Powers-Johnson or alternatively a WR like Xavier Worthy.

I haven't satisfied myself as to whom and in what combination of DB, ER, and/ or DT, I would hope they might be able to maximize value, but J.J. McCarthy is the one 2nd Day QB who really does interest me in the current circumstance.

Cheers!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 26, 2024, 10:34:36 AMThe Giants won those meaningless games (Woopy! Yay! All real fans rejoice!) so they eliminated their chance to ensure a bright future by solidifying the QB position.  With that reality in mind, what do you think of this PFF mock draft?

Not really. I like the Nabers and Beebe pick...those are great (except Beebe won't last through the second round). I'd rather have our first second round pick go for an edge rusher and Chop Robinson is okay, but there's a couple others I like better like Trice or Braswell. If we miss out on an edge rusher, I'd love to snag LB Edgarrin Cooper who is also a legitimate ER. We're probably going to need to get one of the better RBs because I don't think Saquon will be with us. For me...build the trench first and foremost. Of course, if there's a legitimate WR1 available, we should probably grab one with our first pick because we might not get another chance in the next 5 years or more. And if we do draft Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze...we certainly don't want to draft another WR with our third round pick. If we do, it better be someone like Annias Smith who is a top-notch punt/kick returner and overall ST ace, a slot receiver terror, and a legit RB

This is only my opinion and every year, the Giants pick different players than who I wish for
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 26, 2024, 01:18:42 PMhttps://x.com/PFF_Giants/status/1750870519153336360?s=20

Thanks Rich. Yes I would be happy. We need a WR1, CB and a Guard. Like most here a 2nd WR in round 3? I would prefer a RB,TE, DL, or swing tackle instead
The KING is in the building

andrew_nyGiants

WHAT? No RB in the 1st round??!!!

#respectSaquon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

LennG

Quote from: jgrangers2 on January 26, 2024, 02:06:11 PMI can't stress this enough, but you don't force positions in the draft, especially at QB. That's literally how we ended up with Jones to begin with. The Giants likely won't be able to get any of the top 3 QBs and if they don't like the second tier guys (McCarthy, Penix, Nix) then don't force it.

Sorry but the days of BPA should have ended a long time ago. When you have needs, you simply need to address them.

And how, at 6, did we force Jones onto this team? Jones was Gettleman's choice long before we moved up the mike to announce our pick. Most had Jones going mid to late rd 1, or even early round 2. I think that was Jones's biggest prpblem, his #5 draft #.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Rosehill Jimmy

I'd be very happy to get Beeebe in the 4th rd.  The few KSU games I've watched he has impressed me as a tough, physical presence in the middle of the line, something we sorely need.  I personally like Odunze a little more than Nabers but if they have one of the two as the BPA then take  the wideout
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 26, 2024, 08:47:56 PMI'd be very happy to get Beeebe in the 4th rd.  The few KSU games I've watched he has impressed me as a tough, physical presence in the middle of the line, something we sorely need.  I personally like Odunze a little more than Nabers but if they have one of the two as the BPA then take  the wideout

Cooper Beebe, Graham Barton, and Zak Zinter are the OG studs of the draft. I doubt any of them will be available in the 4th unless every other team is satisfied with their O-line. Zinter would be no.1 if he didn't break his leg in two pieces at the end of the season. He'll still probably go before the 3rd round. There's some really good centers who could also play guard like Jackson Powers-Johnson, Sedrick Van Pran, Beaux Limmer (who I personally think is a great guard) who can also play backup center better than the other centers. The other centers are pretty much "pure centers" and I don't know how well they'd transition to OG. Limmer has a lot of experience at guard before taking over center duties at Arkansas, and at 6-5, he's not ideal for center in my opinion FWIW  :-??

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

If I were the Giants, how about this?

1) trade the 6th pick back to say 20th and use it to draft McCarthy in round 1 then I'd draft someone like Xavier Leggette the DK Metcalf 2.0 of the draft in round 2.  With the other second round pick I'd draft a Tanner Morgan, the very good OT from Arizona.  Since Thomas is always hurt and Neal as well, we need a swing taxkle.  Round 3 gets me Michael Hall or Kris Jenkins, both very athletic DTs.