News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Panthers shafted NYG

Started by MightyGiants, January 26, 2024, 07:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Sounds like they shafted Tabor too!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

I have no idea if David Tepper had any hand in this or awareness of it, but either way his reputation as an NFL owner continues to worsen, almost by the day.

H-Town G-Fan

Was the interview denied prior to the new coach being hired and then the release occurred after the hiring? Because that would make sense: they didn't want to lose him if the new coach wanted him and kept him around to let the new head coach decide.

spiderblue43

Tepper should have let Tabor interview. At the very least, it would have given him options early in coaching scramble.

It's just a professional thing to do, something Tepper Tantrum is devoid of.

ozzie

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 26, 2024, 07:43:25 PMI have no idea if David Tepper had any hand in this or awareness of it, but either way his reputation as an NFL owner continues to worsen, almost by the day.
Sorry, I was going to use this quote by DB74, but then decided there wasn't much more to add as he summed it up quite nicely.
Then instead of just cancelling it I obviously hit the wrong button!
Feel free to delete this non-sensical post.
Thanks
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on January 26, 2024, 08:50:14 PMWas the interview denied prior to the new coach being hired and then the release occurred after the hiring? Because that would make sense: they didn't want to lose him if the new coach wanted him and kept him around to let the new head coach decide.

Do you think potential coaching candidates don't notice things like this?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 27, 2024, 09:21:46 AMDo you think potential coaching candidates don't notice things like this?

Since you answered my question with a question, I guess I'll do the same: do you think this indiscretion (which at least may arguably have a rational basis, as I described) is the reason coaches might shy away from Tepper and the Panthers, as opposed to the various other indefensible things he's done?