News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFC Championship game thread

Started by Fletch, January 28, 2024, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Why in the hell are you going for it on 4th down again???

Wow!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Messiah717

Coach blew it.  Completely stupid.

Ed Vette

That should do it. Purdy deserves it after that bad break last year. The two best TE's in the SB.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

A lot of credit to SF.  Got punched in the mouth repeatedly for 2.5 quarters and kept their composure, and fought back.

TDToomer

Credit Shanahan for regrouping at halftime but Campbell blew this game.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kartanoman

Quote from: Trench on January 28, 2024, 09:30:23 PMHow did every GM basically miss on Purdy?....truth is it's always a guess. I wish we had this guy on our team

Also, I'm curious if any of our posters wanted him in that draft?

I agree. Iowa State will now forever be known as an NFL QB producing football program.

Purdy is lighting it up now that the Super Bowl is within reach.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

andrew_nyGiants

I love Campbell and I understand what he's trying to build...but DAMN sometimes you just have to kick the FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Fletch

I don't think Campbell blew it. So they would be down 33-30 if they kicked (and made) both field goals? Assuming a 25 yard touch back on the kickoff-- they gave up a new 15 yards if that in field position.

Although a FG here to tie sounds a lot better than 2 scores. Their D gave up 27 points in the 2nd half

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 28, 2024, 09:33:15 PMThat should do it. Purdy deserves it after that bad break last year. The two best TE's in the SB.

Well said, Ed!

Peace!

katkavage

Everyone who took Detroit and the points just breathed a sigh of relief.

PSUBeirut

Campbell absolutely didn't blow it.  If anyone did, it was Josh Reynolds.

kartanoman

I have to give a lot of credit to Dan Campbell and his team for a great season where they represented themselves well in the playoffs.

This loss is going to hurt, but they fought the eventual NFC Champs hard for a solid half and change before the momentum switched over and they just couldn't get it back.

They're trying to get the first of two scores now so let's see them fight to the end.

TDToomer

Campbell blew it. This game is going to OT if he chooses to kick one FG.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

Quote from: katkavage on January 28, 2024, 09:42:59 PMEveryone who took Detroit and the points just breathed a sigh of relief.

I was just thinking that. Consolation prize for Lions faithful..