News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Could not figure out what the Lions were thinking yesterday

Started by BluesCruz, January 29, 2024, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

We all can nitpick the details of what could have been if he did this, or didn't do that, but the fact was that was one hell of an entertaining football game that kept you on the edge of your seat until the last moments of the game.

What more could you possibly ask for, except maybe the Giants being a participant, and winning it?

In less than a couple of weeks, the two best teams from the 2023 season are going to put on an even better show in the biggest game. This is what it's all about in terms if the build-up: Legendary Quarterback looking to lead his team to back-to-back titles versus upstart Mr. Irrelevant. It just doesn't get much better than that.

If Purdy and the 49ers pull this thing off, it becomes a "move over Kurt Warner" moment in NFL history.

If Mahomes and the Chiefs win it, the first thing out of Kelce's mouth will be "Threeeeee-peeeeeat next!"

Last time these two teams played was last season in Santa Clara where the Chiefs whipped their back end but good. But that was before anyone ever heard of Purdy.

I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl with these two teams in it. I applaud the Lions' effort but I guess I'm not mentally ready for them in the big show. So, the curse of Bobby Layne will have to endure at least one more year.

Peace!

P

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BluesCruz

Bobby Layne cursed them?

Unless they make it back it's Dans curse now

The players did not back him on those two gambles for sure
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quote from: 4 Aces on January 29, 2024, 07:52:15 PMThis game obviously had that big game feel - Giants fans know it well. A Championship Game. Every play huge. Do you ever remember the DET Lions in that type of game? I sure don't.

Campbell showed he wasn't a big game coach. You've got to call these games differently.
Exactly. Just because he was playing with house money doesn't mean he should *hit* when he's sitting with 20.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: