News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What QB would you trade up for?

Started by spiderblue43, January 30, 2024, 04:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on February 05, 2024, 02:30:52 PMThe worry from fans is not in replicating the 2022 season. Most fans would enjoy the ride for whatever it's worth. The front office and coaches, on the other hand, should be very worried about one player who handicaps any potential ceiling the team has.

Either way, the likelihood of another 2022 season, from an organization that has the worst record in the conference over the past decade, and second worst only to the Jets, is not great enough for any reasonable person to hang their hat on. Why oh why are so many Giants fans so worried? You'd think most of us would approach each off-season with a blank slate if not outright positivity... sarcasm...

Those who I suggested may be worried by any sort of success this season are those who not only want Daniel Jones to be gone next year, but are hoping that it will happen even sooner by whatever means. That, of course, is their prerogative, and a fair and reasonable one in most cases.

There are, however, some who seem to have chosen to blame and ridicule Jones as if he has been personally and individually responsible for the team's failings when it is unarguable that no one  has made a greater effort and commitment to winning than has he. If I was in search of blame, I would look elsewhere whether in terms of the recent decade-long failure, or its far more lengthy, and exclusive Maraship history.

Cheers!

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Painter on February 05, 2024, 03:12:42 PMThose who I suggested may be worried by any sort of success this season are those who not only want Daniel Jones to be gone next year, but are hoping that it will happen even sooner by whatever means. That, of course, is their prerogative, and a fair and reasonable one in most cases.

There are, however, some who seem to have chosen to blame and ridicule Jones as if he has been personally and individually responsible for the team's failings when it is unarguable that no one  has made a greater effort and commitment to winning than has he. If I was in search of blame, I would look elsewhere whether in terms of the recent decade-long failure, or its far more lengthy, and exclusive Maraship history.

Cheers!

GM, HC, and QB hold unique positions that have a greater impact on a team's fortunes than most other titles. Heavy is the head. I agree with you that all roads lead to Mara's office.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: brownelvis54 on January 30, 2024, 04:36:07 PMNone. We are more than a QB away from being good. I would however take Spencer Rattler with the 3rd pick.High reward/ Low risk

Totally agree. None would also be my answer .