News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At what point are L Jackson's critics basically right?

Started by Fletch, January 31, 2024, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 01, 2024, 10:34:50 AMLamar sucks and Mahomes is overhyped? LOL. Sure thing.
And the Super Bowl is rigged. Taylor Swift put the fix in. Facts.

kartanoman

Quote from: katkavage on February 01, 2024, 11:21:50 AMAnd the Super Bowl is rigged. Taylor Swift put the fix in. Facts.

Damn! You let the cat out of the bag, now!

Why even bother watching the big show now?

=))

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

IMO, Spags won the game.  It had almost nothing to do with Jackson, compared to the great job by Spags.

The last time the Ravens played the Chiefs with Spags as DC was at Baltimore in the 2020 regular season.

In that game, the Raven's were only able to hang in there at all because Jackson ran the ball well.

Passing - Jackson 15/28 for 97 yards, one TD, zero INT's.
Running - Jackson 9 rushes for 83 yards.  The rest of the team - 12 rushes for 75 yards total.

Jackson WAS the offense in that game, and the Ravens lost at home by 14 points.

The result was somewhat predictable. I  was surprised the Ravens lost on Sunday until after I re-watched the 2020 game.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 01, 2024, 12:18:16 PMIMO, Spags won the game.  It had almost nothing to do with Jackson, compared to the great job by Spags.

The last time the Ravens played the Chiefs with Spags as DC was at Baltimore in the 2020 regular season.

In that game, the Raven's were only able to hang in there at all because Jackson ran the ball well.

Running - Jackson 9 rushes for 83 yards.  The rest of the team - 12 rushes for 75 yards total.

The result was somewhat predictable. I  was surprised the Ravens lost on Sunday until after I re-watched the 2020 game.

Bob

Agreed that Spags won that game with an impeccable game plan. But I will also add that for as good as Spags' game plan was, the Ravens' offensive game plan was equally bad. Quite possibly the worst game plan I've ever seen in a championship game.

nb587

What happens if Zay Flowers holds on to the ball for a fraction of a second and crosses the goal line?  What happens if the normally disciplined Ravens dont have all these stupid penalties that extended drives?  Its never 1 reason why a game is won or lost.  But the most nonsensical reason I've heard is Lamar sucks.  I agree 100% with the post above that Elway couldn't do it until he did it.  How old is Lamar?

Gmo11

Quote from: nb587 on February 01, 2024, 12:54:40 PMWhat happens if Zay Flowers holds on to the ball for a fraction of a second and crosses the goal line?  What happens if the normally disciplined Ravens dont have all these stupid penalties that extended drives?  Its never 1 reason why a game is won or lost.  But the most nonsensical reason I've heard is Lamar sucks.  I agree 100% with the post above that Elway couldn't do it until he did it.  How old is Lamar?

It's such a ridiculous take that it's surprising we've even gotten to a 2nd page with responses. 

TDToomer

Quote from: Gmo11 on February 01, 2024, 12:57:34 PMIt's such a ridiculous take that it's surprising we've even gotten to a 2nd page with responses. 

I'm not. The more ridiculous stuff one posts, the more replies you get. This board loves to take the bait and falls so easily to boarderline troll-ish posts.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

nb587

Quote from: TDToomer on February 01, 2024, 01:33:02 PMI'm not. The more ridiculous stuff one posts, the more replies you get. This board loves to take the bait and falls so easily to boarderline troll-ish posts.
I agree with you, just take out the word boarderline.

kartanoman

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 01, 2024, 12:18:16 PMIMO, Spags won the game.  It had almost nothing to do with Jackson, compared to the great job by Spags.

The result was somewhat predictable. I was surprised the Ravens lost on Sunday until after I re-watched the 2020 game.

Bob

All joking aside from me, Spags had an excellent game plan but his players played lights out, to the point of nearly injuring themselves, to make plays to stop the Ravens, which demonstrated who wanted it more on Sunday afternoon.

The Ravens' losing had less to do with Jackson than it did with his entire team letting him down with poor execution, lack of discipline with stupid penalties, turning the ball over at the most inopportune times and playing right into Spags' defensive trap.

In all, it was a most impressive body of work by Andy Reid. In contrast, however, John Harbaugh had me scratching my head as his team was completely owned on Sunday and I suppose I expected more from him to get them to bounce back in the second half. But it's a relatively young group with excellent individual talent in all three phases so it's safe to say they'll be back here again soon enough and more mature the next time around.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: nb587 on February 01, 2024, 12:54:40 PMWhat happens if Zay Flowers holds on to the ball for a fraction of a second and crosses the goal line?  What happens if the normally disciplined Ravens dont have all these stupid penalties that extended drives?  Its never 1 reason why a game is won or lost.  But the most nonsensical reason I've heard is Lamar sucks.  I agree 100% with the post above that Elway couldn't do it until he did it.  How old is Lamar?
nb: Thanks for reminding me! Ravens had two self-inflicted serious wounds that had nothing to do w/Jackson. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Fletch

And what about the titans game and what about them missing the playoffs last year? You cannot call this guy a great qb who plays poorly in the post season. If you want to give slags credit have at it .... What about the other times?

Also has there been a SB where the chiefs won without PI or personal foul or some BS call at the end of the game ? The 9 era four years ago ; the holding against the eagles . The is no doubt this is a manufactured dynasty with soap opera drama famous cheerleaders and all that... pay per view wildcards

uconnjack8

Manufactured?  Like fixed?

Mods, may be time to shut this one down.

katkavage

Quote from: uconnjack8 on February 01, 2024, 05:19:14 PMManufactured?  Like fixed?

Mods, may be time to shut this one down.
People are entitled to their conspiracy theories. Where would we be today without them? :laugh:

Fletch

Quote from: katkavage on February 01, 2024, 05:23:10 PMPeople are entitled to their conspiracy theories. Where would we be today without them? :laugh:

Was nba fixed for Jordan ? He got all the calls in his favor though right?

ralphpal1

Well.there.is still.time.but with.mahomes there its like.jordan
You can say brady but brady had petyon and the ravens always played them.tough
I dont see anyone like that now
Maybe burrow but hes been hurt and he had an amazing offsense
Speaking of elway
The 3 teams he faced in the superbowl werent losing to anyone
The nfc east lockdown the whole league for years
You won the nfc east
You won the superbowl