News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants lose another DC candidate

Started by MightyGiants, February 01, 2024, 05:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Brooklyn Dave

What a terrible job by Schoen !!!  He was suppose to be high on the list and Schoen and his buddy Daboll are in Mobile while the Titans swoop in and hire Wilson . Please explain that one Mr Schoen !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on February 01, 2024, 06:50:54 AMWhat a terrible job by Schoen !!!  He was suppose to be high on the list and Schoen and his buddy Daboll are in Mobile while the Titans swoop in and hire Wilson . Please explain that one Mr Schoen !!!

I don't think enough people appreciate that hiring good coaches is a competition among teams.  When you have an accomplished well regarded DC who leaves because he can't stand working for the head coach, your team is at real competitive disadvantage attracting the top talent.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 01, 2024, 08:13:21 AMI don't think enough people appreciate that hiring good coaches is a competition among teams.  When you have an accomplished well regarded DC who leaves because he can't stand working for the head coach, your team is at real competitive disadvantage attracting the top talent.

And the hot seat gets hotter.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 01, 2024, 08:13:21 AMI don't think enough people appreciate that hiring good coaches is a competition among teams.  When you have an accomplished well regarded DC who leaves because he can't stand working for the head coach, your team is at real competitive disadvantage attracting the top talent.

Good Point but why did Wilson agree to a second interview ?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on February 01, 2024, 09:30:05 AMGood Point but why did Wilson agree to a second interview ?

If you are a hot candidate you don't put all your eggs in one basket.   You see how many offers you can generate and pick the best one.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

nb587

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on February 01, 2024, 06:50:54 AMWhat a terrible job by Schoen !!!  He was suppose to be high on the list and Schoen and his buddy Daboll are in Mobile while the Titans swoop in and hire Wilson . Please explain that one Mr Schoen !!!
I read this post to be a joke. 

Philosophers

I can tell you one thing.  Michigan had a lot of success defensively when Jim Harbaugh spoke to his brother John who told him he was going to lose Mike MacDonald who was at the time e Linebacker or Secondary coach for the Ravens.  John said he could be a great DC immediately.  Jim hired him as DC.  He revamped the defense immediately and that was first year we beat Ohio St and contained their offense.  MacDonald to be DC of the Ravens.  Jim then hired Jesse Minter was had been the secondary coach of the Ravens who became Vanderbilt's DC.  Jim hired Minter who kept macDonald's overall defensive scheme but changed coverage concepts and their defense got even better.

I believe Michigan may be going back to the Ravens again but if not the guy i want to see the Giants get is Chris Hewitt, the secondary coach of the Ravens to be the Giants DC.  It worked well twice for Michigan.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

VRABEL FOR DC? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Trench

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on February 01, 2024, 11:12:40 AMVRABEL FOR DC? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good thought. But would Dabol be comfortable enough in his skin to not hear the footsteps?

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Trench on February 01, 2024, 12:09:50 PMGood thought. But would Dabol be comfortable enough in his skin to not hear the footsteps?

I doubt it

Brooklyn Dave

If the Giants do not make a hire this week I think they are serious about Brendan Daly, the LB coach of The Chiefs

Woody

Good point......anybody in house qualified ? That is likely the direction they will have to go at this point.