News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Saquon

Started by FL GMAN, February 03, 2024, 10:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL GMAN

Story in NY post that Saquon is at the top of Jim Harbaughs wish list for the Chargers. If true it looks like at least he will have 1 suitor.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: FL GMAN on February 03, 2024, 10:20:35 AMStory in NY post that Saquon is at the top of Jim Harbaughs wish list for the Chargers. If true it looks like at least he will have 1 suitor.

Tag-and-trade him. Fine by me. But I think Mara ultimately needs a face of the team (and the tide has turned on Jones) and won't do it.

Giant Obsession

Trusting whatever comes out of a Harbaugh mouth is a folly of the mind

He is a perfect NFL HC who deals in might be truths and a case of narcissism that will serve him well.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on February 03, 2024, 11:24:19 AMTag-and-trade him. Fine by me. But I think Mara ultimately needs a face of the team (and the tide has turned on a Jones) and won't do it.

H-T: Agree. As we well know, Giants' hot dog & T-shirt sales are of higher priority than winning games. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

spiderblue43

Saquon is Mara's puppy dog. He will be hard pressed and tested to allow Schoen to move on from him. I'll believe it when I see it.

:nanner:  :computer:

Jclayton92

Letting Saquan walk, and drafting a new Qb are must haves for jump starting this franchise and showing the fan base they are serious about winning.

Winning teams don't pay Running backs

Painter

The Giants have just $27 million ($14 million effective) Cap space so it would hard for anyone including Mara to justify giving Barley something like a $40 million multi-year deal now considering his age, wear and tear, an almost 25 pct. average attrition rate in what has been 1 winning season in 6 so far.

Let's not forget that the Giants were ready to let him walk last year if he hadn't decided to sign the tag on the last day before camp. He blinked, they didn't

As for Harbaugh, how would the Chargers be able to meet Barkley's demands when they are $44.8 million (an effective $55.4 million) OVER the Cap?

In any case, it won't be for another 5 weeks before teams can even begin to talk to FAs, so for now all speculation is bootless.

Cheers!