News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Now this is crazy. Pollard didn't know his DC was the Commanders new HC

Started by MightyGiants, February 07, 2024, 03:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on February 07, 2024, 03:28:02 PMWell, he wouldn't fit JS' mantra of 'smart.'

This is why, in my effort to follow people who have true expertise, I am pretty selective in the players I listen to.    Former coaches, GMs, and front-office people most of them know the league and the full game, but some players really don't have a clue.  They know the plays they were given and that's about it.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Talk about a slow news cycle.

Pollard is an offensive player. It's the offseason and he probably doesn't follow sports news. Who the Dallas DC is probably isn't even on his radar. I won't ding him for that.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

Quote from: T200 on February 08, 2024, 09:23:46 AMTalk about a slow news cycle.

Pollard is an offensive player. It's the offseason and he probably doesn't follow sports news. Who the Dallas DC is probably isn't even on his radar. I won't ding him for that.

Tim,

I don't look at him on that one.  I would have thought that the Dallas FO would have at least sent out a group text or something announcing that Quinn left.  I have no idea how teams handle this sort of news, but just doesn't seem like good communication within the organization.  The players could be out of the country or on some vacation where, to your point, they aren't watching any news sports or otherwise...