News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Beatles on “The Ed Sullivan Show," 60 years later:

Started by LennG, February 10, 2024, 12:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

On Feb 9, 1964m as one person said, the world went from Black and White to Color, as the world saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/the-beatles-on-the-ed-sullivan-show-60-years-later-life-went-from-black-and-white-to-color/ar-BB1i2e3U?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7fba2b178ccc4c9b84f47edaecd0da44&ei=19.

QuoteE Street band member Steven Van Zandt said, "On February 8th, there were no bands in America. On February 10th, everybody had a band in their garage."

What would the world have been without the Beatles? Still, to this day, 60 years later, their legacy will always be here.

Remember 60 years ago

And fast forward to maybe their last appearance ever together

And everything that was in between, thank you, lads.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

As a kid, I sat in front of a big console TV with a 20" screen that was more brown and white than black and white. We got one channel...channel 12 WBNG (CBS). We could get channel 34 and 40 if someone wanted to go on the roof and turn the antenna, but even then, those were filled with static and hard to see and hear. So of course I watched CBS and Ed Sullivan as nothing else was available to watch on Sunday night at 8:00. So I saw the Beatles...and the Who, Hermans Hermits, the Supremes, The Jackson Five, Mamas and Papas, etc

Seems like only yesterday, sometimes
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: