News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Super Bowl thread

Started by MightyGiants, February 11, 2024, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Mahomes would win a Superbowl with the Giants this year. The Panthers too.

TDToomer

Bye Bye Coach Flat Brim! Perfect ending.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Messiah717

Like I said.  The 49ers went too conservative.  In that moment you can't be afraid.

katkavage

killarich

Is Mahomes already on path to surpass Brady ??

katkavage

Quote from: Messiah717 on February 11, 2024, 10:52:24 PMLike I said.  The 49ers went too conservative.  In that moment you can't be afraid.
Especially playing Mahomes. He will beat you if you give him any opportunity.

kartanoman

The Champs go back to back ... congratulations Chiefs on repeating! Well done!

The 49ers played one heck of a game and pushed the Champs to the brink. A great effort but they couldn't overcome a great Quarterback leading his team to the game winning TD. I wanted to see Purdy win it and he played well. But, when he needed to step up and make the big plays, he couldn't do it. He has a promising future with the 49ersand he'll continue to develop and get better. McCaffrey deserved to be the MVP but give this one to Mahomes.

With that, season 2023 comes to a merciful end.

It's been fun sharing it with you all tonight. Be well, be safe, until we meet again.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Messiah717

Quote from: katkavage on February 11, 2024, 10:54:39 PMEspecially playing Mahomes. He will beat you if you give him any opportunity.

Yup, with Mahomes lurking you need to be thinking TD. 

T200

Both teams played well and neither gave up. Kudos to SF & KC for putting on a good show.  =D>  =D>
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Messiah717

Tough game to watch for a while but the ending made it all worth it.

spiderblue43

Shanahan should have went for the kill in OT. Instead, gave it back to Mahomes with a spent defense. Just dumb penalties all night..special team flubs..hence another Niner flame out.

What a lousy game by their OL in critical spots. They were fortunate to get to the Super Bowl and had a great chance.. KC did enough again in the clutch.

Messiah717

The blocked XP loomed large. 

Jolly Blue Giant

Great game overall - sluggish and error prone early, but a good and exciting game

Two things stuck out to me...Andy Reid not only used two tight end sets all night, but even used a three tight end set on occasion. It doesn't escape my attention that multiple tight end sets was part of the "magic" of Belichick's run. Maybe the Giants should take note

Secondly, I cringe as Trey Smith dominates on the offensive line. Every time I hear his name and the announcers talking about him as one of the best linemen ever, I want to cry...or kick something. I screamed myself horse during the 2021 draft for the Giants to grab him. Everyone knew he was the best offensive lineman in the draft, but had "medical" worries, so he fell to the 6th round  ~X(  Maybe teams have learned their lesson and jump all over Zak Zinter this year instead of letting him fall to the 6th round after his freak injury in his last regular season game

All in all, a good night of entertainment. I was shocked at how athletic Usher is. He put on a hell of a show at half time. And I've always been a big fan of Alicia Keys (such a sweet person), and that was one hell of a wild piano she was playing. I'd give the show a 10 out of 10
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

uconnjack8

Congratulations to the Chiefs, they played another great 2nd half.  Chiefs gave up a total of 22 points in the 2nd half of all 4 post season games.  12 of those points were last night and 3 in OT. 

Missed PAT definitely changed the end of the game.  Not sure how it unfolds if they hit other than we know there wouldn't have been OT.

McDuffie is an All-Pro and played like it last night.  Deebo was basically a non-factor, as was Kittle. 

Thought the 49ers lost some opportunity in the 2nd half when they started with 6 straight passes, and 8 plays of the first 9 being passes.  The run game had been effective in the 1st half.  Their first 3 drives in the 2nd half were all 3 and outs for a total of -2 yards.  The first of those drives was the chance to put get KC on the ropes after the Mahomes INT.  Certainly a muffed punt never helps in these games and that was definitely a huge turning point. 

I think in the end, the game highlighted once again the importance of the QB.  Mahomes looked very much like an early 1st round pick and Purdy, while he didn't look like Mr Irrelevant, certainly looked like someone with a lower ceiling. 

MightyGiants

It seemed to me the 49ers got to the Super Bowl because the Lions were too aggressive.  Then the 49ers lost the Super Bowl because their defense got too conservative (giving up too much yardage to protect against a possible big play)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE