News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Cowboys Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb Admit to 'Culture' Problem in Dallas

Started by MightyGiants, February 12, 2024, 08:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Acquire high-talent/low-character players...

Cowboys Micah Parsons and CeeDee Lamb Admit to 'Culture' Problem in Dallas: 'I Need to Grow Up!

QuoteLAS VEGAS - While this Super Bowl in Las Vegas is mostly all about the combatants, the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs, the Dallas Cowboys are the Dallas Cowboys ... so during Super Bowl Week, a major storyline has been, "What's wrong with the Cowboys?

And a frank CeeDee Lamb may have just offered the best answer of all. ... with Micah Parsons hopefully following up accordingly as they commented on a lack of "accountability'' and "discipline.''

"First and foremost,'' Lamb said, "I do (need) to grow up.''

MORE

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-micah-parsons-ceedee-lamb-admit-culture-problem-idallas-grow-up
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

Love that the two biggest stars admit they're part of the problem.  Long may it remain that way  ;)

katkavage

The Cowboy's culture issues are the last thing that concerns me as a Giants fan.

BluesCruz

Quote from: katkavage on February 12, 2024, 09:06:53 AMThe Cowboy's culture issues are the last thing that concerns me as a Giants fan.

Yes it seems beating the bats out of us seems to be ingrained in their culture
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

PSUBeirut

Parsons didn't come off to me as anything close to low character in that article.  I think that's a pretty unfair assessment.

MightyGiants

Quote from: PSUBeirut on February 12, 2024, 10:03:02 AMParsons didn't come off to me as anything close to low character in that article.  I think that's a pretty unfair assessment.

I thought of this part of the article

QuoteInterestingly, Parsons chimed in, "We need to have way more accountability. I just think we let things slide too often because we know we're good. That's all about me. I want to change the culture. I want to change the identity of what the Cowboys are.''

Good call ... but All-Pro defender Micah added, "Cut the extra stuff out, I just want people to lock in for 22 weeks. Seven months can change your life. And I'm ready."

micah ceedee pro bowl
The irony, of course: Micah issued this statement while being deeply involved in "the extra stuff,'' as his comments were delivered via his Radio Row studio here in Las Vegas at the Super Bowl.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 12, 2024, 10:19:31 AMI thought of this part of the article

Yeah, I think that's a big stretch.  Especially since he was talking about the season, ie "7 months can change your life".  Wanting to become a leader and holding yourself accountable to it seems to be the exact opposite of low character. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: PSUBeirut on February 12, 2024, 10:44:25 AMYeah, I think that's a big stretch.  Especially since he was talking about the season, ie "7 months can change your life".  Wanting to become a leader and holding yourself accountable to it seems to be the exact opposite of low character. 

This is just my view on life-  Leadership is about DOING, not WANTING
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Painter

There is nothing new in any of it; it's typical Cowboys making excuses. It has been that way ever since Jerrah couldn't stand to have the media give Jimmy credit for the team's Championship success in those so long-ago Karma-retributing, 29 years since.

Even our bumbling, stumbling Giants have won 3 NFC Championships and a pair of Super Bowls in the meantime.

Cheers!

spiderblue43

Excuses. By next season..they'll have all forgotten another meltdown with their fans (Skippy leading the charade).

That is the culture. Delusion. True..they can beat the tinker toys of the NFL badly ( i.e. Giants)..but shrink when tested..weak when it counts. .

:doh:

Hadron

I don't see anything wrong with what they said. Saying that they need to step up and be leaders is what star players should be doing.