News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mitch Trubisky now a free agent

Started by MightyGiants, February 12, 2024, 06:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Daniel Jones brother from another mother

DaveBrown74

As has been noted in other thread, Trubisky is quite similar to Jones in a lot of respects. Jones is a better runner but Trubisky can run enough. And obviously Trubisky will cost you only a very tiny fraction of what Jones presently costs.

If they want someone for a year who can play in a similar offense to what Jones has shown he is capable of, he might be the guy.

uconnjack8

One way Trubisky is not like Jones is win-loss record

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

He's a worse flop than Daniel Jones. Had another chance last year and went pfft.

Backup? No thanks

LennG

As much as I don't want Jones here, I'll also pass on this guy. Too many teams already have passed on him now, let some one else try him out.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Painter

I know it's unlikely but can you imagine the market for Big Blue Adult Diapers around here should Daniel Jones manage to pull another winning season/ playoffs stunt?  :poo:  =))

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 12, 2024, 09:26:50 PMAs I clear my throat...

I was thinking exactly the same thing  :P

This is the sort of BS move for "a veteran QB to challenge DJ", that a) wouldn't challenge him and b) would make our team worse if he had to play.

I'm not sure Trubisky is even significantly better than DeVito!

Jclayton92

I don't know how anyone could associate our wins in 2022 to Daniel Jones. The guy only threw for more than 200 yards a handful of times that season and our passing offense was bottom of the NFL while the rushing offense and defense carried us. But sure Jones 5 3 yard outs a game really put us over the top.