News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Not often you hear a Cowboy praising a Giant

Started by MightyGiants, February 15, 2024, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

There were a few of us during the season who have been high on WDR. Glad he was able to stay healthy. Just need some more snaps for him. I think he'll prove to be a beast in the slot a la Wes Welker.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

I was flabbergasted to see a few members here dissing Wan'Dale.

He was easily one of most underrated players in his draft and the Giants got him. If not for the unfortunate and extremely untimely injury as his career was just beginning to "take flight," he would already be getting a lot more compliments from more than one other WR in the league.

He is the perfect (slot) complement to a true elite #1 WR (if only the Giants can sign or draft one).

IMO, adding such a person to Wan'Dale, Hyatt and Slayton would form easily a top-10 (if not better) WR group.

Probably easier said than done, but it would be my wish for the Giants if someone granted me a wish.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 17, 2024, 05:53:41 PMI was flabbergasted to see a few members here dissing Wan'Dale.

He was easily one of most underrated players in his draft and the Giants got him. If not for the unfortunate and extremely untimely injury as his career was just beginning to "take flight," he would already be getting a lot more compliments from more than one other WR in the league.

He is the perfect (slot) complement to a true elite #1 WR (if only the Giants can sign or draft one).

IMO, adding such a person to Wan'Dale, Hyatt and Slayton would form easily a top-10 (if not better) WR group.

Probably easier said than done, but it would be my wish for the Giants if someone granted me a wish.

Bob
If they, and Waller, can stay healthy, I think we already have a top 5 receiving corps.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

sooners56

I haven't seen anything special from him that I haven't seen from numerous other slot receivers on other teams. In 21 games played he has a grand total of 752 yards and 2 TDs. Maybe in his 3rd year, he will finally come close to justifying a 2nd round pick, but I'm not holding my breathe. 
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: T200 on February 17, 2024, 09:26:22 PMIf they, and Waller, can stay healthy, I think we already have a top 5 receiving corps.

completely disagree. none of them have proven anything whatsoever other than waller.

we would also need a competent QB (not Tyrod Taylor) in that scenario too to make them top 5.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 18, 2024, 01:28:39 AMcompletely disagree. none of them have proven anything whatsoever other than waller.

we would also need a competent QB (not Tyrod Taylor) in that scenario too to make them top 5.

A ,"competent",  QB without up grading our OL significantly is an oxymoron

Jclayton92

Quote from: T200 on February 15, 2024, 02:45:45 PMThere were a few of us during the season who have been high on WDR. Glad he was able to stay healthy. Just need some more snaps for him. I think he'll prove to be a beast in the slot a la Wes Welker.
He was by far our best skill player this season and I'm not sure it was close.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 17, 2024, 05:53:41 PMI was flabbergasted to see a few members here dissing Wan'Dale.

Bob

Bob,

I like Won'Dale but I think he was overdrafted.  A 2nd round WR should have a ceiling as a number one or solid number 2 WR.  Robinson is more of a complimentary gadget type WR
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He showed a few flashes. If he can stay healthy, he's the Slot Receiver with pizazz.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Bob

Let's have a real offensive line that can provide any quarterback more than a second to run through his reads on a play before naming the Giants WR core top 10. Given not one of them posted even one 1,000 yard season yet (NOTE: in a 17-game season, no less!), it is not only premature but slightly disingenuous to the receivers of old who tallied 1,000 but others who made it to 1,500 yard seasons.

To put it proper perspective, Robinson's performance of 2023 was akin to another Robinson's performance in 1978, Jimmy. The primary difference between the two is the former has a far higher ceiling. The similarities are, well, their offenses had struggling QBs who had porous lines and neither team was any good.

We can all hope that Robinson will still be around to see the day the Giants turn the corner, if/when that day ever comes.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Giant Obsession

Waller...Waller....Waller....if....if....if

Jeez, a dumb move when we got him.

Dumber if we keep him.

And downright stupid for us to COUNT on him performance wise.

Another of the many reasons we are a bottom 5 team.

Pie in the sky dreams....wishin....hopin.

Enough already.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on February 18, 2024, 06:14:29 AMA ,"competent",  QB without up grading our OL significantly is an oxymoron

Joe Burrow took the worst Oline in the league to the SB, Eli Manning in 2011 won with the worst Oline statistically in the SB, .. Brock Purdy's line was awful.

Tyrod Taylor already proved you can play average football with our Oline, the issue is our QB (and Oline) but we've spent enough on Oline.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 18, 2024, 09:02:20 AMBob,

I like Won'Dale but I think he was overdrafted.  A 2nd round WR should have a ceiling as a number one or solid number 2 WR.  Robinson is more of a complimentary gadget type WR

IMO he only appears like that because the Giants lack an elite WR who demands (at least) some game-planning, if not constant double-teaming. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!