News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Former GM Mike Tannenbaum suggest QB trade for NYG

Started by MightyGiants, February 16, 2024, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AYM

Watson is a terrible QB at this point, so at least on field, I'm not sure swapping Jones for him gets us anywhere.

Then there's the contract and the off field stuff.

If this trade were to really go down, I'd want at least 2 #1 picks from Cleveland along with Watson for Jones. That's how bad the other stuff is.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: AYM on February 17, 2024, 05:21:43 PMWatson is a terrible QB at this point, so at least on field, I'm not sure swapping Jones for him gets us anywhere.

Then there's the contract and the off field stuff.

If this trade were to really go down, I'd want at least 2 #1 picks from Cleveland along with Watson for Jones. That's how bad the other stuff is.

if you think Watson is terrible... what does that make Daniel Jones?

I don't know how many years he would screw with our cap, but getting a 2nd AND an upgrade at QB? I'm in.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

AYM

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 18, 2024, 01:32:38 AMif you think Watson is terrible... what does that make Daniel Jones?

I don't know how many years he would screw with our cap, but getting a 2nd AND an upgrade at QB? I'm in.

Also terrible. If you put 2023 Watson on last year's Giants, I don't think he'd be any more productive than Jones was.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: AYM on February 20, 2024, 08:24:24 PMAlso terrible. If you put 2023 Watson on last year's Giants, I don't think he'd be any more productive than Jones was.
well Tyrod and Tommy devito werre both more productive than Jones, so I find that hard to believe.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 22, 2024, 02:30:33 PMhttps://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1760747017494777920?s=20

I can't see any way the Pats don't take a QB. I guess nothing is impossible, but I'd be truly shocked, as their in-house options are terrible, and they have a brand new regime coming in. The only way I could see the Giants moving from 6 to 3 is if the Pats traded up from 3 to 1, and then the Bears moved down from 3 to 6. I guess that's not impossible, but it feels like the mother of all longshots to me.