News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Broncos release Russell Wilson

Started by MightyGiants, March 04, 2024, 05:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Guessing this will he a post June 1 cut

DaveBrown74

Any speculation as to where he could land?

I was thinking someone like Atlanta might make sense. Sure, Wilson looks washed up, but they'll get him a lot cheaper than either of his previous two teams had to pay, and he's a lot better than Ridder or anyone else they have. And they have some playmakers there. Plus it's a rotten division that they could have a pretty good chance of winning with someone like Wilson.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 07:07:46 PMAny speculation as to where he could land?

I was thinking someone like Atlanta might make sense. Sure, Wilson looks washed up, but they'll get him a lot cheaper than either of his previous two teams had to pay, and he's a lot better than Ridder or anyone else they have. And they have some playmakers there. Plus it's a rotten division that they could have a pretty good chance of winning with someone like Wilson.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

He's got very few options, really. He can sit and spin until the injury bug hits someone (and it will for many teams at qb). Starter? Maybe the Steelers give him a shot at starting with that qb room.

DaveBrown74

Falcons, Steelers, Titans, and Raiders come to mind as potential possibilities.

Wilson wasn't all that terrible last year. He had a 98 rating (8th best in the league), and 26 TD passes with 8 picks. Imagine all the confetti that would get thrown if Jones put up those precise numbers.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 08:00:49 PMFalcons, Steelers, Titans, and Raiders come to mind as potential possibilities.

Wilson wasn't all that terrible last year. He had a 98 rating (8th best in the league), and 26 TD passes with 8 picks. Imagine all the confetti that would get thrown if Jones put up those precise numbers.

Dave,

Titans have Levis in his sophomore season and seem set. Falcs seem to want Cousins. So the Steelers and Raiders... maybe left?

Pickens is just as bad as it gets and Mason Rudolph is a career backup. Pitt seems like an opportunity.
To the Raiderrz? Could be as a last resort; no?

Wilson's numbers were a bit deceiving and he flopped in critical spots. He couldn't find the throwing lanes he used to looking lost.

Stringer Bell

Coupled with the trade to acquire Payton, the worst combined moves in NFL history.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 04, 2024, 08:15:46 PMDave,

Titans have Levis in his sophomore season and seem set. Falcs seem to want Cousins. So the Steelers and Raiders... maybe left?

Pickens is just as bad as it gets and Mason Rudolph is a career backup. Pitt seems like an opportunity.
To the Raiderrz? Could be as a last resort; no?

Wilson's numbers were a bit deceiving and he flopped in critical spots. He couldn't find the throwing lanes he used to looking lost.

I'm certainly not saying he was very good. I know he wasn't. There was definitely well worse starting QB play out there though (no need to name names).

I do think there will be some sort of market for him given nobody other than the team that cut him owes him anything. I'll be surprised if he is unemployed come week one.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 08:27:30 PMI'm certainly not saying he was very good. I know he wasn't. There was definitely well worse starting QB play out there though (no need to name names).

I do think there will be some sort of market for him given nobody other than the team that cut him owes him anything. I'll be surprised if he is unemployed come week one.
They obviously couldn't find a trade partner. They wanted to cut him by the 17th to avoid another guarantee. Now he has no contract to other teams. What I don't understand is the statement that the Broncos will save money if another team signs him.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

2023 He had 3,070 yards 26 Tds and 8 Int
2022 He had 3,524 yards 16 Tds and 11 Int

Had he been in a Giants uniform some would have thought that was franchise caliber production.

EliWasrobbed

why can't we get him?

He's basically a high end Tyrod Taylor and it'd be for a year... we had him last year we are again a playoff team. I'll take him 100x over Jones.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.