News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Broncos release Russell Wilson

Started by MightyGiants, March 04, 2024, 05:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 04, 2024, 09:01:01 PMwhy can't we get him?

He's basically a high end Tyrod Taylor and it'd be for a year... we had him last year we are again a playoff team. I'll take him 100x over Jones.
If the Giants cut Jones post June 1st they will get hit with 35 million in dead cap for 24 and 25 but they will save 12 million in 24 cap space. Would you sign Wilson to a one year for 12 mil and cut Jones?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 04, 2024, 09:46:43 PMIf the Giants cut Jones post June 1st they will get hit with 35 million in dead cap for 24 and 25 but they will save 12 million in 24 cap space. Would you sign Wilson to a one year for 12 mil and cut Jones?

YES x a million
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 08:27:30 PMI'm certainly not saying he was very good. I know he wasn't. There was definitely well worse starting QB play out there though (no need to name names).

I do think there will be some sort of market for him given nobody other than the team that cut him owes him anything. I'll be surprised if he is unemployed come week one.

Dave,

I understand. Meant well. Wilson did play much better than the year prior but eventually drove Payton nuts in his declining arc.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 04, 2024, 11:18:00 PMDave,

I understand. Meant well. Wilson did play much better than the year prior but eventually drove Payton nuts in his declining arc.

Payton never wanted Russ in the first place especially with that contract.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 04, 2024, 08:33:20 PMThey obviously couldn't find a trade partner. They wanted to cut him by the 17th to avoid another guarantee. Now he has no contract to other teams. What I don't understand is the statement that the Broncos will save money if another team signs him.

I believe the offset language on the guaranteed money means it's reduce by the amount another team signs him for.

If I were Wilson, I'd take a vet min deal and stick it to the Broncos.

Ed Vette

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on March 05, 2024, 03:01:57 AMI believe the offset language on the guaranteed money means it's reduce by the amount another team signs him for.

If I were Wilson, I'd take a vet min deal and stick it to the Broncos.
Thank you
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He became a diva in his own mind and he lost focus and ambition, which hurt his skills but also his lack of concentration affected his focus. He finally realized it but his time wore thin. There has been some deterioration but in the right Offense, I think he can be effective. Although he will never regain that magic.

I think he gets a one year prove it and NY and Daboll would be the best place for him if he truly believes in himself. If he's done, this place will bury him but the opportunity to elevate this team has to be intriguing.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin