News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Which QB would you take if you were the Bears' GM

Started by DaveBrown74, March 04, 2024, 07:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assume you've already decided to trade Fields and draft a QB. Which QB are you taking?

DaveBrown74

Assume you're the Bears GM. For this exercise, it's already decided that you're moving Fields, it's already decided that you're going to take a QB with the first pick overall, and trading down is not an option in this exercise.

Which QB are you picking?

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 07:19:48 PMAssume you're the Bears GM. For this exercise, it's already decided that you're moving Fields, it's already decided that you're going to take a QB with the first pick overall, and trading down is not an option in this exercise.

Dave,

I would try to trade down and get more picks. That said, if the Coms were willing to trade picks, I'd do it and draft JD, a better franchise option  in totality, talent and temperament.

I don't trust Caleb to handle pressure and expectations. I much prefer Daniels  in that regard. JD is my favorite guy in the draft and has big game pressure chops. Caleb is like having the circus come to town with his stage father in tow.

Ed Vette

Daniels, before seeing Maye's Pro day. Not participating in the Combine was a demerit on his scorecard for me.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 07:19:48 PMAssume you're the Bears GM. For this exercise, it's already decided that you're moving Fields, it's already decided that you're going to take a QB with the first pick overall, and trading down is not an option in this exercise.

I don't think this is an easy question to answer.  The top 3 prospects may prove to be elite, but all three come with red flags that don't make their success in the NFL a slam dunk.

Caleb-  questionable behavior and decisions, short, struggled in games his final year, stats don't support claims of an elite off-script QB

Maye-  Inconsistent accuracy

Daniels-  may be too light to take his physical playing style to the NFL, plus production only late in his career surrounded by elite talent.

All three have demonstrated some aspect of elite talent, but all three scare me to some degree
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

I would keep Fields and build around him, but the OP said I am not keeping Fields? Then I would draft Daniels
The KING is in the building

Gmo11

Gotta be Williams. Easy decision for me. This guy is as impressive of a prospect as I've seen in a while. Anybody can bust but I'll take my chances with him over the others. Daniels 2nd. Definitely don't like Maye at all. But that's just me.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Gmo11 on March 06, 2024, 04:51:43 PMGotta be Williams. Easy decision for me. This guy is as impressive of a prospect as I've seen in a while. Anybody can bust but I'll take my chances with him over the others. Daniels 2nd. Definitely don't like Maye at all. But that's just me.

I smell bust with Williams
The KING is in the building