News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Chris Simms ranks the QB prospects based on film study

Started by MightyGiants, March 07, 2024, 05:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I met Chris when he was a kid and he was a nice kid but Matt is a much better talent Evaluator.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

I agree with him.  Of the tier 3 guys I would put JJ at the top of that list but still a tier back of Williams and Daniels and much like me he does not have much love for Maye. 

katkavage

I just heard someone (a scout) say that he felt Penix was the second best behind Williams. That his accuracy is out of this world.

sooners56

If you go back over the years, Chris Simms has been pretty spot on when it comes to his QB rankings.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sooners56 on March 08, 2024, 01:44:52 PMIf you go back over the years, Chris Simms has been pretty spot on when it comes to his QB rankings.

Nobody is perfect, but I remember him being super high on Zach Wilson. To the point of being effusive about him.

Painter

None of these guys ever get more than half of their b.s. to come home. Moreover, we still don't know which of their current wags will be the last one before April 27th, 7 weeks from now. But they get they paid for it, and we don't, so why sweat it? It's our non-paid biases and resulting scenarios which are far more interesting, I'd say.

But then, I suspect that's not what you want to hear. Perhaps, it would be better if I let Copilot rewrite it. <:-P

Cheers!

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 08, 2024, 05:15:46 PMNobody is perfect, but I remember him being super high on Zach Wilson. To the point of being effusive about him.
And Mac Jones.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GloryDays

Quote from: katkavage on March 08, 2024, 01:07:25 PMI just heard someone (a scout) say that he felt Penix was the second best behind Williams. That his accuracy is out of this world.

If he is so great, why did he fail so dismally in the championship game?!

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 08, 2024, 05:15:46 PMNobody is perfect, but I remember him being super high on Zach Wilson. To the point of being effusive about him.

In fairness, there wasn't anyone in the draftnik community who wasn't high on Zach Wilson.  The Jets drafted him 2nd overall, and he was universally praised.

The harsh reality is that if you are watching the broadcast film, you are at best learning 40% of what you need to learn about a QB prospect, the all 22 pushes that up to maybe 45%. 

So much of a QB is what you can't glean from the tape.  It's his leadership, work ethic, football IQ, processing speed, ability to stay calm under pressure, read defenses, etc.

I will say this: the one guy who I think has by far the best track record scouting QBs on film is Greg Cosell.  I think his breakdowns and commentaries by far the best out there.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

Well, looks like Bo Nix might be there when we pick at 6
The KING is in the building